Question Convertible car seat, Radian ? Graco MyRide?

Joyce2005

Hi, I find this to be a very helpful and educational forum. I really enjoy reading the posts on here. :)

I am looking for 2 convertible car seat for my son and I need some recommendation. I want Rear facing as much as possible, and easy to install. My son is 9 months, 18lbs, and 71cm. I hope to get a more comfy seat for my 2001 Rav4 and a less expensive seat for my husband's 2010 Matrix.
Would the Radian and Garco MyRide be good choices? Any other recommended seats ? Thank You

ADS

Keeanh

Yes, I think those are both good choices. Another inexpensive seat to look at is the Evenflo Sureride (also called the Titan65 at Walmart), however the MyRide is a bit more compact front-to-back if that's a consideration.

The Radian is a nice long-lasting seat. It's not always an easy install, though. You'll probably have to use a few tricks to get it in. And in a RAV4 you'll probably need the angle adjuster to make it upright enough to fit in the back. You buy that separately for about $13.

Here's a great list of top Canadian recommendations:
http://vicarseattechs.com/our-favourite-seats/infantchild-seats/

Joyce2005

Yes, I think those are both good choices. Another inexpensive seat to look at is the Evenflo Sureride (also called the Titan65 at Walmart), however the MyRide is a bit more compact front-to-back if that's a consideration.

The Radian is a nice long-lasting seat. It's not always an easy install, though. You'll probably have to use a few tricks to get it in. And in a RAV4 you'll probably need the angle adjuster to make it upright enough to fit in the back. You buy that separately for about $13.

Here's a great list of top Canadian recommendations:
http://vicarseattechs.com/our-favourite-seats/infantchild-seats/

Thanks for your reply!
I do want an easy install, what would be a nice alternative with similar features to the Radian? Which car seat would be good to bring on air plane for use?
Thank You

I agree with the above suggestion of the SureRide/Titan65. It sounds like it would suit your situation perfectly. It is a very light seat, and is usually found for around $100. The top harness slots are crazy tall, and will get the majority of children to booster age/maturity.

The Radian is heavy and a tricky install in some vehicles. I'd try the SureRide/Titan65 first, and if that doesn't work for you, move to the Radian.

Keeanh

I would pick the Sureride for travel. It should be an easy install in whatever vehicle you find yourself in, and it's much lighter than a Radian. I know the ability to fold the Radian makes it look attractive for travel. But after you try installing it in a variety of vehicles and carry that weight around for a while, you quickly change your mind LOL. I think a lot of people picture themselves putting baby in the stroller and wearing the Radian like a backpack. If you switch it up and put baby in a carrier on your back and put the car seat on the stroller or bungee-corded to a wheeled carry-on, it's much easier and more comfortable for everyone :)

Other "expensive" car seats would be:
- Peg Perego (not as tall as a Radian, but oh so nice... I drool over it but have no reason to buy it LOL)
- Britax convertibles (also not super tall... usually outgrown by torso height. I would wait until they come out with the anti-rebound bar for the new G4s, probably in a couple months)
- Foonf (very long lasting narrow seat, but the most expensive and sits very high up which bothers some people)
- New Diono seats that are coming soon (RF to 50lbs apparently, but install & features will probably be the same as the Radian)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC