Radian r100 harness height help please!

Cocono

DS is 13 months, 31" and 27lbs and currently rear-facing in a diono radian r100 with the angle adjuster.

While reading through the manual I noticed that on page 35 it states: "Warning: ONLY use top three shoulder harness positions for forward-facing child."

Rear facing the harness should be at or below the shoulders.

I did not remember the warning the last time we adjusted him, he is currently on the bottom of the top 3 that are only to be used forward facing. (Both kids have long torsos.

Last week I threaded the harness back down to the next lowest (highest for RF) but now its 3-3.5 inches below his shoulders. He's a good car baby and has screamed for the entire trip each of the 10-11 times we've been in the car since. Even with the harness tightened properly, not too tight not too loose.

He's in 2t/3t clothes, about the size my older DC was when they were 2 years old. So size wise he is at the suggested 2 year RF minimum but he is only 13mo.

Do we flip him forward? Deal with the screaming for the next 11 months? Move him back to the next highest harness slot even though we're not supposed to use that one RF?

ADS

jordansmom

I'm pretty sure they mean you can't use the bottom slots for forward facing and it's still okay to use the top three slots for rear facing so long as the child meets the other criteria, ie within height and weight, etc.

Hopefully a tech will come along and clarify the same as well!

PS. Good job reading the manual!

lgenne

I'm pretty sure they mean you can't use the bottom slots for forward facing and it's still okay to use the top three slots for rear facing so long as the child meets the other criteria, ie within height and weight, etc.

Hopefully a tech will come along and clarify the same as well!

PS. Good job reading the manual!

All of this. I'm 99.9% sure you can use any slot for RF as long as it fits your kid, but not the lower 2 slots for FF. I just pulled up the manual myself, and I see the warning. It's confusing wording.

Keeyamah

Yeah, IIRC, the only restriction is that the bottom 3 only be used RFing because they aren't designed for FFing (they are slanted, but FFing slots are straight, RFing can be either slanted or straight). But you can use the 4th slot when RFing if your child needs it.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC