New Graco Buckles - they don't match!

sm1982

My mother received new buckles for her Nautilus today. They only sent the tounges and buckle, both of which are black. The problem? Her chest clip is gray! I haven't gotten my replacement yet but I also have a gray chest clip. Would anyone else be annoyed by this? I just don't like the way it looks. I'm hoping Graco will send out matching chest clips free of charge.

image_zpsa7354072.jpg

ADS

tmahanes

Stuff like that does bother me. My mom's Nautilus has a grey harness and grey buckle. I am glad its not in my car if they are only sending black...... it was really grate on my nerves to look at it every day.

sm1982

They belly pad also doesn't stay on too well since the new buckle is much more narrow. But that doesn't bother me too much - she's fine riding without one (she already does in my car). But the non-matching buckles is going to drive me nuts.

Keeks64

Yeah that's annoying :/ I would hope they would still make matching sets & send them to those who have the grey chest clips.

griffinej5

I didn't even take notice to it until I read it here just now. We just got the new buckles for a headwise and my ride. The chest clips on them are grey. It does stand out more on the my ride, which is the one with the cover that is pink in the seat area, and brown on the edges. We have a new my ride with a black cover, and it came with the new buckle, though they sent me one for it since I hadn't opened it when I sent in the request for the buckles and didn't know. I'll have to see what color chest clip it has.

babyherder

I got my new buckle today and was just coming to post this! It is going to bug me every time I use the seat!!!! Even if they do send a black chest clip I'm unlikely to switch because my current chest clip is hard to open and I specifically wanted one like that.

However, it is handy because I can easily tell the old and new buckles apart. I'm keeping the old one for now as the kid riding in the seat is potty training. I've never had any trouble opening the buckle so until there is a consensus from all the companies using them as to what to do I'm going to keep it just in case.

HappyHoo

Ack - that's going to bother me!

I just got my new buckle today too but didn't put it on yet. But I do have the light gray chest clip and hadn't thought through how they don't match until I saw your picture :p.

Hmmmmm.... I actually don't mind the old buckle yet - maybe I'll just leave it on for now. I'm probably going to convert my nautilus to booster mode in about 6 months anyway so most likely won't even use the harness mode myself much longer.

Mom2natalie

Guess it wouldn't bother me. I looked at the photo first then read the description to see what the problem was.

I'm still waiting on my replacement buckle...so I'd be happy to have the replacement at this point.

Can you buy another chest clip to replace the gray one? I doubt Graco will replace chest clips unless they're recalled.

sm1982

Guess it wouldn't bother me. I looked at the photo first then read the description to see what the problem was. I'm still waiting on my replacement buckle...so I'd be happy to have the replacement at this point. Can you buy another chest clip to replace the gray one? I doubt Graco will replace chest clips unless they're recalled.

I probably could buy one, but I don't feel like I should have to. They replaced my recalled part with a piece that doesn't match. I know the seat will still function the same, but a consumer (or at least I do) takes aesthetics into consideration when buying a product.

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
It would bug me. I'd want grey buckles. I wouldn't want a matching black chest clip as I think the black chest clips are horrible in the black harness. They make it hard to see where the chest clip is since it blends into the harness which bothers me in an emergency situation. I personally think chest clips need to stand out, like buckles have a red button for safety. Maybe all chest clips should be red like brakes on strollers in Australia. :)

Mom2natalie

It wouldn't hurt to contact them and ask. I wonder why there wasn't an option to specify the color we wanted when we requested the replacement.

I wonder why they haven't recalled the infant seats. I know their "reason"...but it seems like those seats should be receiving replacements as well.

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
I'm wondering if logistically it just didn't make sense to get both colours made in a mass amount right now. If they make half and half and then more than half request black for example, people are going to have to wait longer to have more black made. And they end up with a surplus of grey then and it costs them more money to have extra buckles sitting around.

From serial numbers they probably know how many black and grey are out there, but they wouldn't know how many they will actually ship out due to seats being destroyed, people not requesting them, people requesting a different colour than they originally had, etc.

katymyers

I don't care as much about the buckles not matching, on two of my seats the harness is brownish tan and THAT is going to drive me nuts because I know the harness on the new buckles is black.

sm1982

I don't care as much about the buckles not matching, on two of my seats the harness is brownish tan and THAT is going to drive me nuts because I know the harness on the new buckles is black.

That would bug me even more than my mismatched buckle/chest clip!

sunnymw

Would this be an inappropriate time for a "Once you go black..." joke?

:duck:

When mine eventually come, I don't care what color they are. As long as they work. :)

1mommy

Has anyone requested and received a new buckle for an infant seat? I requested mine about a month ago even though the seat isn't officially recalled but haven't got a new buckle yet.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC