Question Diono Radian rxt questions

Nicky

Does the Radian rxt have built in seat belt lock offs? Does the back and sides of the seat have epp or eps foam lining or is just in the head rest ? Rear facing can you tether it? Will the headrest go low enough down to protect a 1yr old that's 30in tall?

ADS

aept

The Radians do not have lock-offs. I am not sure of the type of foam that lines them but there is some along the sides, not just the headrest. It resembles styrofoam. There is also memory foam under the child's bottom/behind their back for enhanced comfort.

Your headrest question will depend mostly on your child's torso size. A one year old with a long torso will probably need the shoulder straps on the third slot, which is the criteria for being allowed to move the headrest down and start using it.

A one year old with a short torso will need the straps on the second slot probably, and therefore would need to leave the headrest all the way at the top (not near their head.)

I chose to leave the RXT's infant insert in, and that gave enough height under my son for him to be tall enough to use the third set of slots and the headrest when he was 10 months old. (Prior to that I had been using a different convertible for him.)

Sent from my iPhone using Car-Seat.Org

aept

Oh, and yes, it can be tethered rear facing as long as the car it is to be install in allows rear-facing tethering. (Or doesn't prohibit it!)

Sent from my iPhone using Car-Seat.Org

Kecia

Admin - CPST Instructor
Have you seen Heather's review of the RXT? That might answer many of your questions.
http://carseatblog.com/14805/diono-radian-rxt/

Also, keep in mind that all new Radian RXT models (manufactured after Feb 27, 2014) are going to have restrictions on using the lower LATCH connectors (aka SuperLATCH) to install the seat and there will likely be separate weight limits for rear-facing and forward-facing. Those limits could be as low as 35 lbs.

lourdes

My almost 6 y/o DD rides in a Radian RXT since she was 3 years old and she said from all the seats that she has used that is the most comfortable one. It is a breeze to install in some cars and a nightmare in others but ones you learn how to do it it's a great seat, in my opinion....

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC