How to get replacement parts for TFP?

lourdes

So I am finally getting back my TFP today and even though it has not been in an accident I want to replace the harness straps and the buckle but I went to their website and can't find any link to where to buy replacement parts.

ADS

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
You'll need to call. I'm not sure whether or not the straps are replaceable, I've never checked.

wavegal

The buckle and harness are not removable. I think I have heard of people getting replacement harnesses but not the buckle

Sent from my iPhone using Car-Seat.Org

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
The cover and shell are also porous and will hold the smoke as much as the harness, though the cover is of course washable.

The only way to know if they can be replaced is to call.

Here's their contact info: http://tomy.com/contact

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
In that case, I'd probably let them keep it and suck up the loss. The plastic will be full of all the chemicals and be releasing it into your car/air. :(

lourdes

Really? ..... I really likes the TFP..... I was planning in washing everything else, hoping that was enough with new harnessing.... I haven't got it yet, I will get it tonight so I don't know how bad it is....

wavegal

Yes I definitely wouldn't use the seat, it will definitely keep the smoke smell and the harness is the least of it

lourdes

I am going to wait and see how bad is it... I don't need to use it until the summer so maybe I can leave it outside and the sun and heat might help?

lourdes

The chemicals are literally in the plastic. And they will release. The smell being gone does not mean the chemicals are gone.

That's such a shame... I never thought that doing a "good deed" was going to be the end of that seat, I really like it and I can't afford to buy another one, I really don't need another one, I was just going to use it as a secondary seat in case I need it one....

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
Of course the decision is yours but I'd do some research on third-hand smoke before you start using it.

I learned a long time ago not to lend anything out that you expect back at all or expect back in usable condition. So I just don't lend anything. And people get mad at me for it. My BIL wanted to borrow our brand new expandable, utility trailer that we'd split the cost with my dad. I told him no because he'd broken our mitre saw when he borrowed it. And that it was my dad's too so it wasn't solely mine to lend. He argued with me about why I should lend it to him (he's family, he "fixed" the saw before it was returned, he couldn't afford to rent a trailer, blah, blah) AND said he'd call my dad to get permission for his half since he "knows my dad is a nice guy and would be okay with him borrowing it".

So I don't lend. And I don't borrow. And people think I'm mean for it. And offer to lend me crap all the time that I have no desire to borrow. LOL

lourdes

Of course the decision is yours but I'd do some research on third-hand smoke before you start using it.

I learned a long time ago not to lend anything out that you expect back at all or expect back in usable condition. So I just don't lend anything. And people get mad at me for it. My BIL wanted to borrow our brand new expandable, utility trailer that we'd split the cost with my dad. I told him no because he'd broken our mitre saw when he borrowed it. And that it was my dad's too so it wasn't solely mine to lend. He argued with me about why I should lend it to him (he's family, he "fixed" the saw before it was returned, he couldn't afford to rent a trailer, blah, blah) AND said he'd call my dad to get permission for his half since he "knows my dad is a nice guy and would be okay with him borrowing it".

So I don't lend. And I don't borrow. And people think I'm mean for it. And offer to lend me crap all the time that I have no desire to borrow. LOL

I understand that but.... she used to be my coworker, I park next to her one day and when she was leaving I saw her DD who at the time was 4 and really big using one of those cosco harness booster combination, she was way pass 40 pounds and of course outgrown by height too, I had the TFP seating in ny leaving room, it was supposed to be for a few weeks until she had money to buy the right seat for her DD but that didn't happen, she use it until her DD was 5 and now she use a high back booster... I am just happy it was not the Radian....

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
Oh I didn't mean to downplay your generosity or imply you shouldn't have done it. Sorry! I was just going on a tangent about how lending stuff gets me burned all the time. And not lending makes people mad at me. So I can't win. :p

lourdes

Oh I didn't mean to downplay your generosity or imply you shouldn't have done it. Sorry! I was just going on a tangent about how lending stuff gets me burned all the time. And not lending makes people mad at me. So I can't win. :p

I didn't get it at all like that! I know what you mean... it's just frustrating

lourdes

So now I don't know what to do, here I have the seat, it almost doesn't smell, I had 3 people smell it, the smell is more in the cover and you can't really smell it on the foam... I called my friend to ask her if she had let it air or something and she said that when they smoke in the car they had the sunroof or the windows open and leave the cigarette outside... I don't know what to think or to do...

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC