Question Best Rear Facing in a captain's seat (Chrysler T&C)

mom2ceoboys

Hello. New Here. I need recommendations for a Rear Facing for my 1 year old DS. He's 22 lbs and maybe 28 inches or so. I LOVE my Chicco Key Fit. I wasn't keen on spending the money on the NextFit, and I also didn't like the look of those huge side "ears" , so I picked up a regular Eddie Bauer at Target. I spent two days trying to make it work in my angled captain's chair. I tried the towel trick too. The user manual even states that it might note work in some cars. Anyway, I'll store that for Grandma when DS can FF . So, what are the best options you've found?? Thanks in advance!
Kelly

ADS

Keeanh

Hi!!! Welcome :)

That's great that you're looking for a rear-facing seat for your 1yo. Good for you!

I'm sorry, I don't have any experience with your vehicle. Since your son sounds to be average size, you can really take your pick of the bigger convertibles. Graco MySize/Size4Me/Headwise, Diono Radian, Evenflo Sureride, Safety 1st Guide 65, Clek Foonf, Peg Perego convertible. If he has a shorter torso, a Graco MyRide, Evenflo Triumph, or Britax convertible could also work. All have pros & cons, and there's a huge price range.

What's your budget?

I'm guessing the Eddie Bauer seat is a 3-in-1. It doesn't make a bad forward-facing harnessed seat. But shouldn't ever be used as a booster, since it doesn't place the belt properly. If you can return it, you might want to do that just so you don't have it sitting around losing years on its lifespan while you're not using it.

daniele_ut

I drive a 2010 Dodge Grand Caravan, which has the same sloped captain's chairs. I just moved my 2 year old from a Britax Roundabout 50 into a Chicco NextFit. Both seats are very easy to install in my van. The Roundabout is definitely easier to get him into and out of, though!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC