What seat(s) would you like to play with at a tech update?

J-max

CPST Instructor
Our coalition received a grant to put on a tech update class later this spring! It also includes funds to purchase some new seats that techs may see in the field and not be familiar with. And I get to pick what seats we get :D I was told to come up with 3-5 seats.

I think a Frontier 90 for sure, but I am not sure what else people might want to see. We have a wide range of socio economic parents/caregivers, so we see a bit of everything! Most of our techs are newer (withing the last 3 years), but many are police/fire/nurses, and not UTD on new things int eh child safety field.

If you were going to a class what would you like to see and why?

ADS

Nedra

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
I am not a tech, but these are the seats I'd like to see and play with in person. I don't know how "new" they are, but they have some interesting features that I'd want to explore with other people and be sure to try them in a few vehicles.

Click connect 40 (unique base)
Frontier 90 (unique install)
Any seat with rigid latch (Nuna pipa, foonf)
Any seat with a load leg (Aton 2/Q, pipa)
Safety 1st go hybrid (interesting install and harness adjustment)
Combi coccoro (hard to find in stores to play with)
Evenflo symphony (self-ratcheting anchors and infinite slide harness)
Chicco nextfit (although this one is so self-explanatory, it's hard to imagine needing much time with it)

aporthole

A few months ago Britax was sending out Frontier 90s to Safe Kids coalitions. All you had to do was request one. Not sure if they still have some available but our coalition just recently received ours.

J-max

CPST Instructor
A few months ago Britax was sending out Frontier 90s to Safe Kids coalitions. All you had to do was request one. Not sure if they still have some available but our coalition just recently received ours.

Thank you! any more details on how I might find out more about this?

spokaneCPST

CPST Instructor
I got a Foonf and an Oobr free for shipping from Clek before our local CEU event. Those were a hit with the technicians. We borrowed a bunch of seats from Babies R Us and from our local techs (we have some mommies with the latest and greatest seats).

Frontier 90
Baby Trend Hybrid
Graco clones
Chicco Next Fit
Clek Foonf
Baby Trend Inertia
Graco 40
Clek Oobr
Graco Affix (latchable booster)
Radian (discussed use of angle adjuster)
Evenflo Sure Ride (discussed high and low harness slots, for fitting huge range of kids - suggested as program seat)
Incognito

We also presented about, but did not have in hand:
Harmony Defender
Bubblebum
Boost A Pak
Aton

My presentation on new technology is 82 slides long. Would you like a copy of it?

Last edited:

J-max

CPST Instructor
Thank you! Do you have a contact for who you talked to at Clek?

I am the mom with cool seats and will be taking my Aton, Nextfit, and Frontier 90 :)

I would love your presentation, if you are willing :) Thank you! (Plus, if you have tech's needing CEUs, our class will be 6 CEUs on May 13th in Moscow. And we have having a certification class the first week of June)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC