Clek oobr or another booster?

TeenaMarie

I've asked before, but now I've started to take other things into consideration for this(like the immovable, protruding headrests in the Jeep that makes this all a pain) and Jordyn's birthday is in June and she's excited about getting a booster(with the knowledge it will only be a sometimes ride for a while).

Ideally, I want it to be a tall booster that doesn't require head rests(three vehicles that don't have headrests) and I want it to work with the Jeep.

So, I'm thinking an oobr may meet everything? But seeing photos of kids(smaller kids maybe?) in it make me feel like its really wide? To me Jordyn's a small(er) kid, but apparently she's average/above average? She's 42-43inchs, and has recently sometimes hit 40lbs. I feel like she's just started to really fill in her Gracos(Argos and Nautilus) and she's on the third or last slot, depending on the vehicle.

I still really like the idea of the sg clip on the Parkways; I had thought about the Vivo, but been told its short in the seat and Jordyn is almost all legs(5t shirt 6slim pants)

Bonus if whatever seat it is comes in "Seahawks colours"(blue or green) as thats the only way she'll be okay with a not pink seat.

ADS

bella_1818

DS is 46 inches, 47 lbs, wears a 6 Slim.

We recently went booster shopping. I thought the Clek seats seemed the sturdiest of all the seats. I also liked the idea of the Parkway SGL, but was put off by how there was so much wiggle between the booster seat and the removable back of the booster seat.

DS kept accidentally activating the retractors when buckling, which was a huge pain!

We ended up just getting a backless affex, since we were mainly shopping for an emergency backup seat. In an emergency, it will do. Otherwise for now he'll stay harnessed.

msg221

I posted this thread the other day, showing Nour in the Oobr I have.

http://www.car-seat.org/showthread.php?t=264500

When I first took the Oobr out of the box, I thought it looked pretty narrow but when Nour sits in it, she is so tiny (43.5" and 37.7 lbs. at age 5 years and 10 months and wears a 5 slim in pants) and you can see all the room she has. I had read that some kids might find it uncomfortable because the seat isn't as deep, but she was fine in it and didn't complain. I even asked if she was comfortable and she said yes. The only thing I didn't like about it was how hard it is to buckle but that could just be my vehicle's problem. It was in a '14 Accord and I hate the short buckle stalks that are floppy and hard to buckle. I have a feeling it's going to be a PIA no matter what booster I have there. Because of that, I am just leaving her harnessed in my car in the Argos or FR90. I was just trying her out in a booster in my car to see how she would do. As for the Oobr itself, I do like it. Love the rigid LATCH and love how sturdy it feels. I might just hang onto it for when I decide to booster train Katelyn. She is much bigger than Nour and will probably fit better.

TeenaMarie

I saw your post, I was actually curious from it what she looks like in the Natuilus? I feel like Jordyn fits in it well, she doesn't have a whole lot of room on her sides like she used to.

ForumRunner_20140319_163419.png

msg221

I don't have a super recent picture of her in the Argos, but if I can find one, I will post it. She is only growing taller, not wider, so she will probably still look the same!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC