Do any of the Graco Snugrides have the new buckle?

msg221

I bought one as a gift but it has the old buckle and I would rather just see if I can find one that has the new buckle. Any idea if one with a newer DOM might have the new buckle? The one I bought from Target.com had a DOM of 11/13. I've had pretty good luck with seats from Amazon being very new so I was going to order from them since they have the same seat for the same price.

ADS

SafeDad

CPSDarren - Admin
Staff member
The IMMI buckles were phased in during the last quarter of 2013. For the infant seats, there is another buckle that isn't widely known. Prior to shipping the IMMI buckle on new models, various Graco infant seats incorporated the Amsafe QT3 buckle. This is a significantly improved version of the recalled QT buckle that has a far lower complaint rate. The problem is that it is essentially identical in appearance to the original QT buckle and I do not yet have information on model and date ranges when it was used. Not much help to someone purchasing a seat with a 2013 production date, but perhaps some consolation to an owner with an infant seat made in the last year or so that doesn't seem to have difficulty with the buckles.

msg221

Thanks Darren! I went ahead and gave the SR35 as a gift to the parents to be. Mom to be really liked the Grapeade cover since purple is her favorite color but more importantly, she loved how easy the base was to install so the seat is a keeper for her. I just told her that if she did have trouble with the buckle, to just call Graco.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC