Question Seat depth/comfort parkway sgl

Mom2natalie

I'm really having a tough time deciding between the 2013 Parkway SGL and the Turbbobooster with safety surround.

I noticed that the internal seat depth of the parkway sgl is 13.5 inches. The Turbobooster with safety surround is 15. I wonder if that would make the seat less comfortable in the long run. I measured my car (2012 Ford Focus) and I don't think I'd be able to use the Parkway at its highest setting in Hbb mode, but that's not a deal breaker.

Also the arm rests look more comfortable on the Turbobooster.

I took my daughter to look at display models yesterday. No where close has a Parkway on display.

She sat in and equally liked the Evenflo RightFit and Tubobooster with Safety Surround. I have pretty much ruled out the RightFit because I'm afraid it will not last as long as I'd like in high back mode, although it is a nice looking seat.

My daughter is 6.5 years old, 45 inches tall, 45 lbs, wears a 6/6x shirt.

ADS

tiggercat

My 8.5yo daughter (just over 65lb and 54(?)in, 10/12 shirt, I need to measure her apparently) seems quite comfortable in her Parkway SG, seat depth hasn't been a concern so far. She moved from a Turbo and said it was more comfy because of all of the foam on the seat where the Turbo had very little.
I don't find seat depth to necessarily correlate to comfort, ime. My eldest rode comfortably in a clek olli, which is not particularly deep, until 11yo (don't remember stats, but he was high in percentiles) even though the leg support was abysmal. He preferred it to the backless monterey which is deeper.

Mom2natalie

Thank you.

I'd read a few reviews where people said their kids weren't comfortable/legs fell asleep in the Parkway.

I really need to stop overthinking this. My daughter has a Marathon that is expiring, and a Nautilus. Both are good seats. My gut tells me to go with the Britax Parkway.

I just wish somewhere close had it on display so I could look at it before I buy. According to the rep I spoke with yesterday at BRU the closest BRU with it on display is a little over 100 miles away. I'm not driving that far. Lol. We don't have a BuyBuy Baby locally either.

I'm guessing the Britax has more padding on the seat.

If anyone here owns both and their kids have a preference I'd love to hear what the preference is.

YinzerMama

We really like our turbo boosters. BUT my girls are new booster riders so there is the novelty there.

I have no doubt that the parkway has better seat padding but the covers are so darn ugly and the armrests look like stunted little chicken wings.

I'm holding out hope that if the new Diono booster ever actually comes out - next month I hope??? - it will combine comfort + reasonably attractive + lower price than Britax.

tiggercat

We really like our turbo boosters. BUT my girls are new booster riders so there is the novelty there.

I have no doubt that the parkway has better seat padding but the covers are so darn ugly and the armrests look like stunted little chicken wings.

I'm holding out hope that if the new Diono booster ever actually comes out - next month I hope??? - it will combine comfort + reasonably attractive + lower price than Britax.

Chickem wings, snort! I will never look at them the same, lol!

tiggercat

Thank you.

I'd read a few reviews where people said their kids weren't comfortable/legs fell asleep in the Parkway.

I really need to stop overthinking this. My daughter has a Marathon that is expiring, and a Nautilus. Both are good seats. My gut tells me to go with the Britax Parkway.

I just wish somewhere close had it on display so I could look at it before I buy. According to the rep I spoke with yesterday at BRU the closest BRU with it on display is a little over 100 miles away. I'm not driving that far. Lol. We don't have a BuyBuy Baby locally either.

I'm guessing the Britax has more padding on the seat.

If anyone here owns both and their kids have a preference I'd love to hear what the preference is.

I liked the turbo when M was smaller, but when she outgrew it by height, and the Monterey became incompatible for my vehicle with the head support broohaha, the parkway was really my only choice.

Mom2natalie

I know...the armrests look weird. Lol

I saw the Cambria for preorder on Amazon today for $88. It said it releases 5-15.

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Diono-Cambria-Highback-Booster-Shadow/dp/B00ISS2S88"]Amazon.com: Diono Cambria Highback Booster, Shadow: Baby[/ame]

HappyHoo

I would order a parkway from somewhere with easy returns so you can try it out.

For me too the tb did t last as long for my kids as I wanted for a main booster. But my mazda3 does have the issue where I probably won't be able to use it to its full height.

For leg support, on long trips we put a sleeping bag in the floor for dd to rest her feet on.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC