Nour's first booster ride in my car

msg221

I finally installed that Clek Oobr that I bought last year from Clek when they were offering them to techs for really, really cheap. Here is Nour in it this morning. I measured and weighed her today and she is 43.5" tall and 37.7 lbs. She will be 6 in May. In this pic I wasn't sure if the shoulder belt looks that great. Maybe too close to her neck? I'm thinking the headrest needs to come down a little too.

b5b7aa47-d21a-4087-970f-c37aa94ac00b.jpg

Here is the lap belt, which seems to be a good fit.

20140315_163209.jpg

I put her back in it to take more pics a little while ago. It took some bribery. Sorry the pic isn't as good, but this was in the garage so the light wasn't as good even with the garage door open.

The shoulder belt looks better here.

20140315_163127.jpg

Anyway, we went on a 25 minute ride to my company picnic this morning and I had to remind her twice to sit properly. Given how she isn't 40 lbs. yet, I will be keeping her harnessed in the Argos or FR90 for a while longer. This Oobr will most likely go into her mom's Sienna because there will be less chance of her being improperly restrained if she's in a booster vs. a combination seat that her mom will likely have problems installing. Also, this Oobr is a major PIA to buckle in my 2014 Accord because the seat is so wide it's hard to reach the buckle so I hope to find something else eventually.

ADS

BookMama

Senior Community Member
She looks great! I agree that the shoulder belt looks better in the later picture - it looks to me like she was leaning toward the window in the first picture.

msg221

I haven't seen her and Zain since about January and I was even shocked at how much more grown up Nour looks! Then when I measured her, I realized that she has grown 4 inches since October, which was the last time I measured and weighed her. Her weight on the other hand, has stayed the same! Oh, and she lost that tooth when she fell and knocked it out!

Carrie_R

Ambassador - CPS Technician
Cutie!

I have to admit, I read the thread title and thought, "What on earth is she doing putting that baby in a booster?!" Then I read the thread - almost six! Oh my gosh, not possible!

msg221

Cutie!

I have to admit, I read the thread title and thought, "What on earth is she doing putting that baby in a booster?!" Then I read the thread - almost six! Oh my gosh, not possible!

I know, I can hardly believe they are going to be 6 in two months! I need to update my siggy of all of the kids, but I can't figure out how to make a collage anymore in Photobucket since they changed it all!

Qarin

She's got like a mile of room left and right in that booster- in the picture with the belt close to her neck she's scooted over to the left with lots of room to her right, and in the picture with the belt more comfortably on her shoulder she's leaning to the right. I would make absolutely sure that if she sits scooted to the right that the belt stays on her clavicle and doesn't sit so far out that it's at or past the curve of her shoulder- too close to the neck is not a safety hazard, but too wide is. If she can easily lean out or sit so that it's off her shoulder, I would probably not use that booster with her yet (until you can be sure she understands that she needs to keep herself positioned so that the belt is right, at least).

msg221

She's got like a mile of room left and right in that booster- in the picture with the belt close to her neck she's scooted over to the left with lots of room to her right, and in the picture with the belt more comfortably on her shoulder she's leaning to the right. I would make absolutely sure that if she sits scooted to the right that the belt stays on her clavicle and doesn't sit so far out that it's at or past the curve of her shoulder- too close to the neck is not a safety hazard, but too wide is. If she can easily lean out or sit so that it's off her shoulder, I would probably not use that booster with her yet (until you can be sure she understands that she needs to keep herself positioned so that the belt is right, at least).

She had to be reminded to sit back and not lean over which is why I decided not to booster her in my car. I just wanted to see how she did in this booster for myself because unfortunately, she was riding in a backless booster in her mom's Sienna, as is Zain. I want to at least get them in a HBB. I've read that the Turbos fit smaller kids better, but I would rather get boosters that LATCH because I don't think a regular booster will be buckled in when unoccupied. Would the Affix fit her better, like the Turbo since they appear to be similar?

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC