Chicco nextfit harness adjusting

bpirof

Does anybody have a realllly hard time adjusting the harness on the nextfit when it is installed rf? It's so hard that I almost want to give up on it.. I'm afraid when other people put him in they won't tighten it all the way, this seat is our seat for dh and mil to use so we needed super easy and the harness just won't budge unless you yank and yank on it :-/

ADS

kaharris83

Do you have the old style harness pads? DOM would be pre-Oct 2013. I pull the harness pads and chest strap all the way down to the buckle before I tighten. Then I tighten and adjust the harness straps and chest clip up to the proper position. I have the old style harness covers and have been meaning to remove them but haven't gotten around to it. I think for me when I have an issue tightening it usually the harness covers are getting pulled into the way.

YinzerMama

Yes it is hard to adjust when installed rf. I never loosen it so I don't have an problem. It's like you can't get the right angle to pull once the seat is installed. I suspect in our ody if I had to I could recline the captain's seat back and pull but that's not an option in our prius.

bpirof

I have the new style strap covers, it's not them, I literally can barely it it to budge, I think it is the angle that just doesn't work...

Nedra

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
I have the new style strap covers, it's not them, I literally can barely it it to budge, I think it is the angle that just doesn't work...

This makes me nervous. We have this seat, but haven't started using it yet because our daughter is taking much longer to outgrow her infant seat than we'd thought. Please report back if you find any tricks or tips!

YinzerMama

I have had both the old and new covers and it definitely is not the covers. But like I said it doesn't bother me. I tend to set it and forget it. If you really really HAVE to adjust with the kid in the car seat you can, so it's not impossible, just a little annoying.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC