Graco and infant seats/recall

henrietta

I cannot believe they still refuse to recall the infant seats...stating that caregivers can just remove them from the car. Has it ever occurred to them, esp since some of their seats fit preemies well, that babies do actually choke, stop breathing, have bradycardia events, etc, while in their car seats and if we can't get them out very quickly...they can DIE!!! WTH is wrong with Graco?? My first born had several apnea events in his seat. Lucky for us, he was on an apnea monitor AND I could unbuckle him in a split second. I had to pull over on the highway once...another time, I stopped at a busy 4 way intersection..the first car at a green light, got out, and jumped in the back seat with him. How can they think this is okay??? I get that this recall is expensive for them and I can fully appreciate that I think the manufacturer of the buckle REALLY should be responsible, not just Graco. What is going on here??

ADS

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
I eagerly await seeing how they will address needing to perform CPR after a SCA in their explanation to NHTSA... or if they will. I'm guessing they won't (and hoping if they don't, NHTSA finds that unacceptable and brings it up to them, and makes them recall.)

I am throughly disappointed in Graco. I cannot imagine using a seat with a harness that the company knew may not function properly and decided they would not fix the issue. What happens if you can't get the seat out of the base? What if the child is choking?

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
What happens if you can't get the seat out of the base?

This is a BIG problem with some of their seats and bases (Classic Connect), they do NOT come out of the base... we've had quite a few returns at BRU with this problem, and one of our floor models needed a crowbar (well, a BIG screwdriver) and a lot of prying to get the seat out. :(

(Happened once with a Britax, too, at least that one has a reliable harness :p)

1mommy

Whats funny is that I bought a Graco Snugride 22 over 2 years ago for my 1st and Target sent me an email saying that my purchase had been recalled and to contact Graco for a new buckle, and to stop using the seat immediately.... Good thing I am not planning on using it with my second and I bought a Keyfit... Otherwise I would be very angry.

xursusmaritimusx

Just my two cents. A lot of the sticking buckles are obviously sticking right out of the box so if someone has a buckle giving them problems, at this point I would tell them not to use the seat until they CAN get a replacement buckle.

I have had 4 graco seats and no problems ever with our buckles including 2 seats within the recall dates and I feel comfortable continuing to use them. They have been in use for 5 and 2+ years.

Not to mention my sister has 2 nauti's in use and no issues either.

So that's just what I would do.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC