Myride straps tighten unevenly

babyherder

Anyone have any idea what's going on or how to fix it? I have taken the straps out and put them back in several times over the past 2ish years the seat has been in regular use. Nothing seems to make it better or worse.

ADS

Pixels

The possibilities are: harness not routed properly, especially going through the same slots in the cover but different slots in the shell; using different loops on the harness ends at the splitter plate; child sitting off-center; the harness lengths actually being substantially different.

You say you've redone it several times, so I assume that it's neither of the first two possibilities. Child being off center is common. Uneven harness lengths are extremely rare but not outside the realm of possibility. A couple of millimeters doesn't matter, but if they are different by an inch or more then it does.

babyherder

Well, I did have the straps threaded through different holes in the cover and the carseat last time I set up the seat. :doh: But I doubled checked when I put kiddo in and fixed it before we drove.

I'll make sure to have kiddo centered next time she sits in the seat and see if that helps. She did seem to sit off center in her last seat frequently. However, I had the same issue with older sister in the seat so it can't be just this kid who's causing the problem.

The two straps are not very different but different enough that to get the "looser" one tight enough the other strap seems too tight. I know too tight is not a safety issue but its annoying.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC