Carseat use info sheet

sanctareparata

I've been wanting to do something like this for awhile....to post on the bulletin boards at work and email to my family/friends. Is there anything that I said wrong? Anything I should remove/add?

It's mostly a non-confrontational way of helping those parents I know who practice terrible carseat safety/use to see that they need to fix their errors. I just kinda intended to send out a big group email of some "important info". Most probably won't even know I put it together (which I'm hoping because then they'll read it. :rolleyes:)

Sorry it's so small. Have to fix that - that's as big as I can make it online right now.

carseatinfo.jpg

ADS

Jeff

Could you flip or mirror the last image at the bottom of the booster crash? That way all three would show the same direction of force and not confuse anyone as to what they illustrate.

If you want to post the full size image that you used i can mirror it and even change the tab at the bottom so it's still on the right.

I also maybe would try to put things in a likely chronological order, like talk about extended rear facing before 40lb latch limits, then boosters, then clothing and aftermarket stuff, etc...

But I love it and would like access to the full resolution image when you are done.

mykidsmylife

I agree about maybe flipping the image... That is AWSOME. If okay woth you I would love to use this. If not thats okay too.
There are a lot of ignorant parents at ds daycare that have 2 year olds in boosters and 3 year olds in nothing and I think this would get straight to the point.

Awsome job

skaterbabs

Change the "two fingers" thing. It's not recommended any longer. The harness should be tight enough that you can not pinch a fold horizontally in the webbing at the collar bone.

MomToEliEm

I like it. Just make those few changes mentioned below and it would be a great simple flier to distribute. Hopefully you will allow some of use to use it as well. I always like to get a bundle of car seat info out to the daycare every few months.

gwenvet

I'm running out the door and will read it as soon as I get home but at first glance it looks GREAT! I'm working on one now too and if I could figure out how to post it here I would (cut and paste lost all the formatting). But I will email it to you. As for the two fingers thing I saw a reference recently that I thought was really easy to remember..."the harness should be as tight as a hug." I can't wait to read yours!

laurenrachey

I started on something exactly like this about a month ago and got zero interest in the coffee break area, maybe I just posted in the wrong place. I didn't finish it yet. Awesome idea with the freeze frames of the crash videos.

katiebug

I'm pretty new around here, but for what it's worth I think it's fantastic. Had I not stumbled on this site, my 1 yo (tomorrow!) would probably be front facing in a Recaro Young Sport within the next couple of weeks. Now that I've been informed she's RF in a BV & a Signo. I'd love to be able to forward the document or hand out hard copies.
Thanks for the hard work!:thumbsup:

gwenvet

I private messaged you. Mine is soooo different from yours, but I think yours is great. I love all the boxes, I don't know how to do that.

sanctareparata

Thanks all for the helpful advice! I'll get to it and yes, ya'll can freely use it...

I appreciate all the feedback. I want to make sure everything's clear so when I send this out to my "people" there aren't any questions/confusions....

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC