Question New baby after 6 1/2 years!

mping

We were lucky enough to get pregnant for a third time! I haven't shopped for carseats in so long so I'm looking for advice. My 8 year old will be in my Ody's third row, my 6 year old will be in his Frontier behind the drivers seat and baby will be in captains seat passenger side. A friend is giving me a Graco bucket seat so I'm good for the first year or so. What convertible seat would you recommend? I have a long time to decide as I'm not due until October and then potential have 6months-1 year of using the bucket seat but I want to start looking. A friend just got a Peg convertible for her infant and it seems amazing. Does it have high rear facing limits? Hard to know how baby will grow. My 8 year old is super tall and my 6 year old is itty bitty. Maybe this one will be average??? But I'd rather plan for a big kid to be safe. Nextfit seems to be recommended a lot too. I've always loved Britax too but they don't have high rear facing limits, right? Is it wrong that car seats might be one of the most exciting parts of being pregnant???? ;)

ADS

abigaylebelle

Congrats! It is going to be so much fun to have two big kids and a baby. I have almost 6 years between my kids and I love that gap.

I am also currently looking for convertibles for my 1 year old and am leaning heavily toward the peg. From what I understand it is a magic seat where some kids have a lot of rf height in it and some have the same amount as the britax seats.

The new diono convertibles are coming out soon, spring time? So that might work for you.

I can't speak to the nextfit as my little kid absolutely refused to sit in one at the store. She is a carseat hater unfortunately.

LC2003

I didn't come to give advice, but to say congratulations. That is super-exciting. I have a friend who is 90 and her 4 kids were all 6 years apart and she said it was great - she could focus on the baby most of the day and there was no jealousy/rivalry.

henrietta

Congrats!!! Just had our third--she's 3.5 months old now, and her brothers are 8.5 and 5.5 years old. So, pretty darn close to yours! :)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC