What booster(s) for Z?

leighi123

T's marathon is expiring soon in their mom's car, so I suggested giving her Z's frontier (she is FF in their car), and getting Z a dedicated booster.

Its a honda mini-van of some kind and will go on the passenger side captain's chair. He is 48-40" tall and I think last weight on him was 47, so probably a bit more than that. Not sure his torso height, but he is even with the top slot on the RXT.

Needs to be LATCHable, easy for him to buckle/unbuckle himself, high back, "sturdy" feeling (just a preference they have). Space/price don't matter.

Secondly, he is going to outgrow the RXT soon, and I need a booster for him for my car, he will be 7 next month. Needs to fit where the RXT is and preferably be inexpensive. LATCHable would be great, but not required.

ADS

msg221

I am also trying to find HBB with LATCH. The three I can think of are the Graco Affix, the Britax PWSGL, and the Clek Oobr, but the Oobr is more than I want to spend. I have one now, but only because I got it from Clek at a tech discount (as in super cheap) because it was a demo seat (but usable). I just installed it in my car but won't use it until Friday. Anyway, I hope that the Oobr will work so I will only need to find one more for Zain. I hesitate to get the Affix because I have read about problems with it loosening on its own, which kind of defeats the purpose of a booster with LATCH. I have to say, I do love the rigid LATCH on that Oobr. I have a feeling I will end up with a PWSGL. I hope it fits skinny kids well!

aeormsby

I love both our PWSGL & our Recaro Performance Booster. I kind of like the Recaro more but it's very wide which can make it hard to buckle depending on the vehicle. DS is starting to try and buckle on his own after using it for a couple of months.

ETA - and I wouldn't be concerned about the latch loosening on the Affix at all. It's only to hold it in place if it's un-occupied. You can't even tighten the latch on the Performance booster, they're the right length to have enough strap to get them latched in, you could probably pull the booster forward about 6" with it latched.

roller99

We have the graco affix, and have not had problems with the latch loosening, although we've only been using it a couple of weeks. It's definitely an affordable hbb with latch.

msg221

ETA - and I wouldn't be concerned about the latch loosening on the Affix at all. It's only to hold it in place if it's un-occupied. You can't even tighten the latch on the Performance booster, they're the right length to have enough strap to get them latched in, you could probably pull the booster forward about 6" with it latched.

Good point. These boosters are going to be for N & Z's mom. I know she likely won't remember to buckle an unoccupied booster which is why I want one with LATCH.

mcomommy

We also have affix boosters and had no problem with the loosening

Sent from my iPod touch using Car-Seat.Org

leighi123

Any suggestions for a booster for my car?

I have a RF XTSL for T, and the MT RF for Levi. Right now Levi is in the middle and T driver's side, they can be switched, but Z needs to be on passenger side for car line. I have the RXT for him now, he fits but looks squished.

What fits where a RXT fits?

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC