Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bob vs BJCM GT

Carseat Crazy

Re: Bob vs BJCM GT

We have owned many baby strollers due to having four kids and dh managing and owning baby stores. This is my experience, but YMMV.

We rented a double City Mini at Disney World when our kids were 6, 4 and 2 and they were all quite comfortable taking turns sitting in it, and this was before the GT was available. The double Bob is a beast and unless you need to jog with and it have a really really really wide jogging trail, I absolutely would not buy it. Even a single Bob, which I have owned and loved, is a huge and heavy stroller. I much preferred my City Minis for ease of folding, lightweight, compact in trunk, etc. Now that they have the good wheels on the GT, I don't see getting a Bob, and won't when #5 is born, even though I loved them in the past. If you run a lot and need that functionality, fine, get it, but it is just so big.

2. Thank You from:

3. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Quote Originally Posted by LC2003 View Post
    We have owned many baby strollers due to having four kids and dh managing and owning baby stores. This is my experience, but YMMV.

We rented a double City Mini at Disney World when our kids were 6, 4 and 2 and they were all quite comfortable taking turns sitting in it, and this was before the GT was available. The double Bob is a beast and unless you need to jog with and it have a really really really wide jogging trail, I absolutely would not buy it. Even a single Bob, which I have owned and loved, is a huge and heavy stroller. I much preferred my City Minis for ease of folding, lightweight, compact in trunk, etc. Now that they have the good wheels on the GT, I don't see getting a Bob, and won't when #5 is born, even though I loved them in the past. If you run a lot and need that functionality, fine, get it, but it is just so big.
    Thanks!! I have Def ruled out the BOB, just not what i'm looking for right now. I went to BBB and tested out the Double city select and the city mini GT, and i'm still torn lol!! I LOVED how the GT turned, with both kids in it i could turn it one handed, and both kids had plenty of growing room. I felt the kids were a little more squished in the Select, and i could feel the weight of the kids more in this one. But i love how it's narrow like a single and can be used as a single when needed. I'm still SO torn!
    DD1~8 DD2~5 DS~5 DS2~2

Just for reference I have a bob single jogger. It folds very easily and fits in the trunk of my Toyota Corolla. If I pop the wheels off I get even more space. Is it a big stroller? Yes lol
    Wyatt Henry, 5.25.2010

Carseat Crazy

Quote Originally Posted by dawnp15 View Post
    Thanks!! I have Def ruled out the BOB, just not what i'm looking for right now. I went to BBB and tested out the Double city select and the city mini GT, and i'm still torn lol!! I LOVED how the GT turned, with both kids in it i could turn it one handed, and both kids had plenty of growing room. I felt the kids were a little more squished in the Select, and i could feel the weight of the kids more in this one. But i love how it's narrow like a single and can be used as a single when needed. I'm still SO torn!
    Well, you said above that you wanted it to push easily when heavily loaded. Is that more impt to you than just holding one child on occasion? Who would be that one child? 5 yr old DD or 2 year old?

It would be my 5 year old, she is special needs and can't walk on her own. So it would be used for her Doc app ect...I know i'm probably making this a bigger deal than need be lol, but this last double stroller i bought was just terrible and i want this to be my last stroller purchase if possible. And i guess i would learn more towards having a stroller that pushes like a dream more than anything, and the city select wasn't a terrible push by any means, just not as smooth as the GT was IMO.
    DD1~8 DD2~5 DS~5 DS2~2

Carseat Crazy

Ok, in this case, then, I would get one single solid stroller that will hold 5 year old dd comfortably and smoothly. 2 year old ds won't *need* a stroller for that much longer, but dd does. I might go back on what I originally said and get a Bob because it is so good at carrying a load smoothly.

ETA: Unless you are definitely having more kids.

CPS Technician

I don't think that anything out there pushes better than a BOB. Plus your 2 year old can hitch a ride in the footwell or you could try a rider board.
    A sweet daughter - born Oct '11, RFing in a Foonf, Peg Perego convertible and a Nextfit
    A wonderful son - born Feb '13, RFing in 2 Coccoros and a Peg convertible
    3 under 3 coming soon with surprise baby in August '14 - getting the Keyfit

Carseat Crazy

Quote Originally Posted by ebp913 View Post
    I don't think that anything out there pushes better than a BOB. Plus your 2 year old can hitch a ride in the footwell or you could try a rider board.
    We always had a kid hitch a ride in the footwell, but I was afraid to mention it here lest someone say it was unsafe. But we totally did that all the time when we had a Bob.

Dd used to ride in the BJCS basket all the time
    Mom to Caterina born January 12, 2009 and FF in a TWE and Julian born September 6, 2012 and RF in a Varioguard

Quote Originally Posted by ebp913 View Post
    Rider Boards could be a good idea here if you wanted to get the narrow stroller. If so, save the money and get the City Mini Single. If you want a double stroller, the City Mini GT is a phenomenal stroller to get for 95% of your every day life.

Senior Community Member tarynsmum's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LC2003 View Post
    We always had a kid hitch a ride in the footwell, but I was afraid to mention it here lest someone say it was unsafe. But we totally did that all the time when we had a Bob.
    We did that in our Bob ALL the time. Love that footwell
    ~Heather
    DD: 8 years old, 48lbs, 50". DS: 5 years old, 36lbs, 40.5".