Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

So we finally decided to stop fighting with our '09 Town and Country and make the plunge to buy the Nissan NVP to haul the crew

We are so pleased we did!! Well, we still had to think about where and how to put the 4 CR's in it but it was easy to figure out and so easy to install!!!!

We had bought 3 foonfs thinking we would keep our T&C but I don't regret our purchase. I really like our foonfs!!! Amazingly well made, super sturdy, super easy to install, very comfortable, our 3DD's really like them Even my 5 yo who wanted a grown-up carseat told me that she really likes it and that it is so comfortable...

The van is very versatile! It is big, really big and it took me a little while to get used to it (I'm only 5' 5") but after a few drives I'm becoming a pro lol. I'm right at home here in Texas with all the big trucks Parking is not really an issue with the big parking spaces we find everywhere plus we have the front and rear sonars and a rearview camera, indispensable in my opinion when you have such a big vehicle!!
    It can be tricky to park in between 2 cars in tighter parking lots but I choose a spot where I have room to maneuver and it solves it.

Chex on this forum made a great review of the van with a lot of pictures so here is her post.

I took a few pics to show you our arrangement: http://www.flickr.com/photos/119895545@N06/

I hope the link works since it's my first time using flickr...

So we are really happy with our purchase and we can easily haul our family plus any other family/friends who come and visit us and DH can go to home depot without having to remove the carseats!!

We looked at the Honda Odyssey EX with the 8 seats. It is a really nice car, super easy to drive!! We had to think hard to make our decision but considering the extra space we have in the NV and considering that it was not a lot more than the Ody we decided to go with the NV. The NV is a lot easier to use on an everyday basis for us, the extra space means you have easy access to all the car seats. Which saves our back and time when it's time to haul everyone!

There are a few things that I would change/add in the NV:

1. I would put TA and latches on all seats, I mean, that shouldn't be that difficult and that much more expensive to do... I know that latches are becoming kind of useless but they still have a purpose for infant seats and for the Foonf FF (for the crumple technology),

2. I would add another sliding door... Just one sliding door could be a pain when you need easy and fast access of the back seats on the driver's side,

3. I would add a little step all around so it would be easier to get in and out of it... We are all short in our family and really it feels like it's a workout every time we have to get in. On the bright side, it may save us a gym membership lol,

4. I would add NissanConnect so we could listen to Pandora through the van's speakers! That will probably come but right now, I can't listen to Pandora except through my tiny phone speakers

5. I would make available the front, rear sonars and rearview camera as options not as a way to make you buy the next upper model... The Navigation system is not great and we honestly didn't want it but we had to take it in order to get the rearview camera, total nonsense!! Bluetooth should also be available without having to buy the whole technology package! Well, it is included in the SL model but available in the SV if you buy the whole tech package ($950), it's not even available for the S model...,

All in all great value!! Considering how much you pay for a car these days!!

If you have any questions, I'll be happy to answer them!!

Mag
    Last edited by MamanMag; 03-11-2014 at 12:16 AM.
    DD1 -12yo 58" 85lbs 5-stepping in Prius, Harmony Literider in NV
    DD2 - 11yo 52" 62lbs Harmony Literider in NV or TBB in Prius
    DD3 - 5yo 42" 37lbs harnessed in Foonf or Orbit Baby Toddler in Prius
    DD4-3yrs 37" 28lbs ERF in Foonf
    DD5-3yrs 37" 28lbs ERF in Foonf

All in Nissan NV Passenger

2. Thank You from:

3. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Carseat Crazy
    Awesome! What are you getting for gas mileage so far?

I wish I knew... When they filled up the car they did not reset the "trip" function so I don't know how many miles we've driven with one full tank and for some reason the info display does not display the MPG, I have to contact Nissan to find out why... I will let you know once I find out! I am very curious too but I'm not expecting a great MPG, it's a 5.6L V8 and we drive mostly in town...

Re: 2013 Nissan NV Passenger!!!!

You can get more info about the NV on Nissan NV Forum

Quote Originally Posted by sunnydayz View Post

7. Thank You from:

I just filled it up yesterday and we averaged 14.5mpg... Mostly city driving. Not great but not terrible either considering the size of the van!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Car-Seat.Org

I saw one of these for the first time yesterday. Driving around my city. While parts of it look very cargo van like, the front end had a cool look to it. Wish I could have seen the inside.
    TechnoAdult · Driver's seat ·
    TechnoTween · Britax Parkway SGL backless · Safety 1st Incognito ·
    TechnoKid · Britax Frontier ClickTight x2 · Graco Tranzitions ·

Quote Originally Posted by TechnoGranola View Post
    I saw one of these for the first time yesterday. Driving around my city. While parts of it look very cargo van like, the front end had a cool look to it. Wish I could have seen the inside.
    To me it looks like the Nissan Cube but on steroids lol... I'm getting used to the look, I prefer it over the Chevy and the Ford ones... It is very spacious inside! I can try to post more pictures of the inside if you'd like

Quote Originally Posted by MamanMag View Post
    To me it looks like the Nissan Cube but on steroids lol... I'm getting used to the look, I prefer it over the Chevy and the Ford ones... It is very spacious inside! I can try to post more pictures of the inside if you'd like Sent from my Nexus 5 using Car-Seat.Org
    That is an excellent description. LOL

I'd love to see pics when you have time. No rush.
    TechnoAdult · Driver's seat ·
    TechnoTween · Britax Parkway SGL backless · Safety 1st Incognito ·
    TechnoKid · Britax Frontier ClickTight x2 · Graco Tranzitions ·

Quote Originally Posted by TechnoGranola View Post

That is an excellent description. LOL

I'd love to see pics when you have time. No rush.
    I'll do that!

Moderator - CPS Technician safeinthecar's Avatar

I play pandora through my car speakers using my bluetooth on FM mode.
    Kimberly
    Proud mommy of Becky 18! Danny 15 Hope 12~Auntie to William-14, David-10, and Logan 2~

Carseat Crazy
    I just filled it up yesterday and we averaged 14.5mpg... Mostly city driving. Not great but not terrible either considering the size of the van! Sent from my Nexus 5 using Car-Seat.Org
    That's not bad at all considering the vehicle and engine size.

Quote Originally Posted by safeinthecar View Post
    I play pandora through my car speakers using my bluetooth on FM mode.
    How do you do that exactly? I would love to do that!!!

That's not bad at all considering the vehicle and engine size.
    That's true! And since we use it when we're all together, the mpg/person is pretty good another way to look at it

Moderator - CPS Technician safeinthecar's Avatar

How do you do that exactly? I would love to do that!!!

Well, you have to have a bluetooth with an FM mode. Then you just push the FM button.

However, I'm guessing since you got the whole Navigation package, it has the built in bluetooth that lets you connect the phone to the car. Hit hit whatever button lets you make a phone call, then play pandora instead of making a call.
    Kimberly
    Proud mommy of Becky 18! Danny 15 Hope 12~Auntie to William-14, David-10, and Logan 2~

Quote Originally Posted by safeinthecar View Post

Well, you have to have a bluetooth with an FM mode. Then you just push the FM button.

However, I'm guessing since you got the whole Navigation package, it has the built in bluetooth that lets you connect the phone to the car. Hit hit whatever button lets you make a phone call, then play pandora instead of making a call.
    Thank you!! I will try that!!