2013 Nissan NV Passenger!!!!

MamanMag

So we finally decided to stop fighting with our '09 Town and Country and make the plunge to buy the Nissan NVP to haul the crew :D

We are so pleased we did!! Well, we still had to think about where and how to put the 4 CR's in it but it was easy to figure out and so easy to install!!!!

We had bought 3 foonfs thinking we would keep our T&C but I don't regret our purchase. I really like our foonfs!!! Amazingly well made, super sturdy, super easy to install, very comfortable, our 3DD's really like them :) Even my 5 yo who wanted a grown-up carseat told me that she really likes it and that it is so comfortable...

The van is very versatile! It is big, really big and it took me a little while to get used to it (I'm only 5' 5") but after a few drives I'm becoming a pro lol. I'm right at home here in Texas with all the big trucks :) Parking is not really an issue with the big parking spaces we find everywhere plus we have the front and rear sonars and a rearview camera, indispensable in my opinion when you have such a big vehicle!!
It can be tricky to park in between 2 cars in tighter parking lots but I choose a spot where I have room to maneuver and it solves it.

Chex on this forum made a great review of the van with a lot of pictures so here is her post.

I took a few pics to show you our arrangement: http://www.flickr.com/photos/119895545@N06/

I hope the link works since it's my first time using flickr...

So we are really happy with our purchase and we can easily haul our family plus any other family/friends who come and visit us :D and DH can go to home depot without having to remove the carseats!!:D:D:D

We looked at the Honda Odyssey EX with the 8 seats. It is a really nice car, super easy to drive!! We had to think hard to make our decision but considering the extra space we have in the NV and considering that it was not a lot more than the Ody we decided to go with the NV. The NV is a lot easier to use on an everyday basis for us, the extra space means you have easy access to all the car seats. Which saves our back and time when it's time to haul everyone!

There are a few things that I would change/add in the NV:

1. I would put TA and latches on all seats, I mean, that shouldn't be that difficult and that much more expensive to do... I know that latches are becoming kind of useless but they still have a purpose for infant seats and for the Foonf FF (for the crumple technology),

2. I would add another sliding door... Just one sliding door could be a pain when you need easy and fast access of the back seats on the driver's side,

3. I would add a little step all around so it would be easier to get in and out of it... We are all short in our family and really it feels like it's a workout every time we have to get in. On the bright side, it may save us a gym membership lol,

4. I would add NissanConnect so we could listen to Pandora through the van's speakers! That will probably come but right now, I can't listen to Pandora except through my tiny phone speakers :(

5. I would make available the front, rear sonars and rearview camera as options not as a way to make you buy the next upper model... The Navigation system is not great and we honestly didn't want it but we had to take it in order to get the rearview camera, total nonsense!! Bluetooth should also be available without having to buy the whole technology package! Well, it is included in the SL model but available in the SV if you buy the whole tech package ($950), it's not even available for the S model...,

All in all great value!! Considering how much you pay for a car these days!!

If you have any questions, I'll be happy to answer them!!

Mag

Last edited:
ADS

MamanMag

I wish I knew... When they filled up the car they did not reset the "trip" function so I don't know how many miles we've driven with one full tank and for some reason the info display does not display the MPG, I have to contact Nissan to find out why... I will let you know once I find out! I am very curious too but I'm not expecting a great MPG, it's a 5.6L V8 and we drive mostly in town...

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
I saw one of these for the first time yesterday. Driving around my city. While parts of it look very cargo van like, the front end had a cool look to it. Wish I could have seen the inside.

MamanMag

I saw one of these for the first time yesterday. Driving around my city. While parts of it look very cargo van like, the front end had a cool look to it. Wish I could have seen the inside.

To me it looks like the Nissan Cube but on steroids lol... I'm getting used to the look, I prefer it over the Chevy and the Ford ones... It is very spacious inside! I can try to post more pictures of the inside if you'd like :)

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Car-Seat.Org

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
To me it looks like the Nissan Cube but on steroids lol... I'm getting used to the look, I prefer it over the Chevy and the Ford ones... It is very spacious inside! I can try to post more pictures of the inside if you'd like :) Sent from my Nexus 5 using Car-Seat.Org

That is an excellent description. LOL

I'd love to see pics when you have time. No rush.

safeinthecar

Moderator - CPS Technician
How do you do that exactly? I would love to do that!!!

Well, you have to have a bluetooth with an FM mode. Then you just push the FM button.

However, I'm guessing since you got the whole Navigation package, it has the built in bluetooth that lets you connect the phone to the car. Hit hit whatever button lets you make a phone call, then play pandora instead of making a call.

MamanMag

Well, you have to have a bluetooth with an FM mode. Then you just push the FM button.

However, I'm guessing since you got the whole Navigation package, it has the built in bluetooth that lets you connect the phone to the car. Hit hit whatever button lets you make a phone call, then play pandora instead of making a call.

Thank you!! I will try that!!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC