After market products

ajnashmom

Help me here... what sort of stuff can you buy that are NOT safe and why... You know like seat protectors and stuff?

Last edited:
ADS

ajnashmom

I just read that but I thought it was not okay to use after market products at all... Even if the manufactuer says okay, it is not safe. Other than seat protectors what other items do you guys see that people assume are safe because they are sold... that are not safe?

I am under the impression even if you have a Eddie Bauer seat... the Eddie Bauer after market products are not a good idea... even though they say it is. Am I wrong?

WillnCaroline

Nothing is safe to use, including seat protectors UNLESS IT CAME WITH THE SEAT OR YOU ORDER IT FROM THE CARSEAT MANUFACTURER!!

PS.. I'm on day 3 of 4 in my cpst class!!!! This is all fresh on my mind!!

ajnashmom

So are you saying if you have an Eddie Bauer seat and buy an Eddie Bauer seat protector from the manufacturer that it is okay?

I thought it was never okay, period.

I think I must have worded this wrong. What I am looking for is something telling me what types of items are sold (seat protectors, mirrors, toys, installation aids) And if it is not safe tell me what the danger is. That way if I have a friend that has that item I can say that it is not safe. and if they want a reason I can give them one.

Thanks.

Holly

I have a radian 65 and I bought one of the "dry seats" that SKJP makes and I feel fine using it. I'm under the impression that it's been tested with the radian, it also fits it perfectly and doesnt interfere at all with the straps or anything. I wouldn't use the Dry seat with anything other than the Radian though.
I'd like to get the "comfy soft" pillow insert for my radian too (It's the same thing that comes with the Radian 80). I'd feel fine using it too.

I also have 2 of the SKJP mirrors too. They say they are crash tested so I feel a little better about them, but also I am keeping my 2 yr old RF so I feel it's ok to use a mirror in her case (and her seat is tethered too). My dh would rather have her FF because he likes to see her, so I feel like having a mirror is not so bad because at least she is RF still.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC