2 things

Victorious4

Senior Community Member
1. Britax was a little too thorough ... sent me two repair kits ... anyone need one? :p

2. I have reason to celebrate ... the govenor of NY signed the booster law last month! Goes into effect in March -- kids from 4 to 7 years old must sit in the back with a booster & lap/shoulder belt unless over 4'9" tall. YEAH!!!!

ADS

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
If no one actually has a seat that they haven't got the repair kit on, I'll pay you shipping and take it...sometimes I'll get installation customers who have no idea there's a recall, and even one time to be able to just fix their seat on the spot would be better than saying, "go home and call britax...."

(so wait and see if someone's much more desparate for a strap than I am, lol)

Yay NY! Very cool!

Victorious4

Senior Community Member
Deal :cool:

BTW, here's a copy of the email announcement I got....

New York has become the 27th State to adopt a booster seat law.

The new law requires booster seats for all children age 4 to 7 who are 4 feet, 9 inches tall or shorter. The booster seats must be used in the back seat with a combination lap and shoulder safety belt. Violations of the law, set to take effect in March, will result in fines of $25 to $100.

"This new common-sense child safety measure will ensure that our children are fully protected while traveling in the back seat of motor vehicles," said New York Governor George Pataki, who signed the measure on Sept. 28. "We know from recent studies that regular passenger seats are not designed to adequately safeguard smaller children, particularly those between the ages of 4 and 7. Booster seats have proven to be the safest and most reliable method to protect our children because they help make the transition from child safety restraints to adult seat belts." "By requiring the use of these life-saving devices, New York State will increase public awareness and ensure that our children receive the protection they need," said State Senate Deputy Majority Leader Dean Skelos, who sponsored the legislation in the Senate. "There is absolutely no question that this [law] is a proven lifesaver," said Assemblyman Jack McEneny, the sponsor of the bill in the Assembly. I look forward to the day when every State commits itself, as New York has, to protecting our children. A national standard will ensure the welfare and safety of all children."

A recent National Highway Traffic Safety Administration survey indicated that just 21 percent of children age 4 to 8 are "at least on occasion" riding in a booster seat while traveling in a passenger vehicle. An additional 19 percent of those children were restrained "at least on occasion" in a front-facing child safety seat. NHTSA recommends that a child who has outgrown his/her child safety seat should ride in a booster seat until he/she is at least 8 years old or 4 feet, 9 inches tall. A child who is placed in poorly fitting adult safety belt can suffer life-threatening injuries or be ejected from a vehicle in a crash.

For more information about booster seats, visit http://www.boosterseat.gov

For a list of child passenger safety seat laws and their provisions, visit:
http://www.nhtsa.dot.gov/ncsl/Index.cfm
http://www.saferoads.org/issues/BoosterSeatLawChart.pdf
http://www.iihs.org/safety_facts/state_laws/restrain2.htm

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC