Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Favorite Aton-compatible stroller?

I know that the list of "official" Aton-compatible strollers from Regal Lager isn't inclusive of all the ones that the Aton actually can work with. I also know that just because a stroller is compatible with maxi cosi does not mean it is necessarily compatible with the Aton. (I got burned by a Kolcraft stroller.)

So, what I am looking for is recommendations for strollers that are aton-compatible -- like "click in and can lift the entire stroller using the handle of the car seat" compatible -- not just "oh you can kinda balance it and then use the strap thing and it sorta works" compatible.

I am particularly interested in doubles as well, since we plan to have a second child at some point.

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Re: Favorite Aton-compatible stroller?

Jennie's aton review she has pictures of the baby jogger city mini and the aton together. ETA the link with pictures http://carseatblog.com/14505/out-and...he-cybex-aton/

Quote Originally Posted by Kegracin View Post
    Jennie's aton review she has pictures of the baby jogger city mini and the aton together. ETA the link with pictures http://carseatblog.com/14505/out-and...he-cybex-aton/
    Thanks! I actually already have a City Mini and I love most things about it. The small/difficult to access storage basket is starting to try my patience this winter, though, which is why I'm curious about other options.

City Select can become a double and the adapter is the same as the other BJ strollers. Listed in instructions as Cybex compatible. I have a Versa so it uses the same adapter it just can't become a double.
    Realllllly nice basket that's easy to access since there's no stroller seat to work around when its being used as a travel system.
    Michelle

You can add the Vista rumbleseat to the Versa to make it a double.
    Riding in a 2014 Honda Odyssey
    DS1 July 2010 40 pounds 43" FF in a Congo Frontier 90
    and DS2 Nov 2012 27 pounds 36" ERF in a Faux Hawk Foonf

7. Thank You from:

Quote Originally Posted by kaharris83 View Post
    You can add the Vista rumbleseat to the Versa to make it a double.
    You can!? Is this 'official' or something you've tried that just works?
    Michelle

Quote Originally Posted by MotoMommaNH View Post
    You can!? Is this 'official' or something you've tried that just works?
    Yeah --- where would it attach?

It attaches to the Versa frame the same way it attaches to the Vista frame. Not "official" since Uppa makes the rumbleseat and BJ certainly won't endorse using another companies seat on their stroller, but I can tell you it is quite popular for a lot of ladies in a few stroller boards I belong to.
    Riding in a 2014 Honda Odyssey
    DS1 July 2010 40 pounds 43" FF in a Congo Frontier 90
    and DS2 Nov 2012 27 pounds 36" ERF in a Faux Hawk Foonf

CPST and ketchup snob ketchupqueen's Avatar

Easywalker Qtro.
    CPST and Mom to Emma, 15, Bridget, 13, Maggie, 11, Katie Sue, 6, Jimmy, born May 2019,
    and Becky, waiting for us as part of our eternal family.
    Our '02 Odyssey, car seats, and seatbelts saved our lives. Now riding in a '13 Odyssey!

CPST and ketchup snob ketchupqueen's Avatar

(I don't think Kolcraft strollers are compatible, truly, with most seats. European brands with actual adaptors will be more truly compatible...)
    CPST and Mom to Emma, 15, Bridget, 13, Maggie, 11, Katie Sue, 6, Jimmy, born May 2019,
    and Becky, waiting for us as part of our eternal family.
    Our '02 Odyssey, car seats, and seatbelts saved our lives. Now riding in a '13 Odyssey!

CPS Fanatic

I bought (it was pretty cheap) an official one. The Ruby, I think? It's for 1 child.
    It was a 3 YO model, and my carseat was new.

It was one hundred something dollars.
    Seatbelt and 59" (9 YO)
    Harmony Youth (8 YO)/Clek Olli (6YO)
    Harmony Dreamtime (5 YO)
    Clek Fllo (3 YO, RF)/Graco 40 (15 months)
    + 2 Recaro Performance boosters in spare car

Quote Originally Posted by kaharris83 View Post
    It attaches to the Versa frame the same way it attaches to the Vista frame. Not "official" since Uppa makes the rumbleseat and BJ certainly won't endorse using another companies seat on their stroller, but I can tell you it is quite popular for a lot of ladies in a few stroller boards I belong to.
    Whoa! This changes everything! I LOVE the Versa, but we went with the mini because the Versa was $400 at the time. Now it's $260 on Amazon, so if it has the capacity to take the rumbleseat down the road, it's definitely a contender!

CPS Technician

Quote Originally Posted by Nedra View Post
    Whoa! This changes everything! I LOVE the Versa, but we went with the mini because the Versa was $400 at the time. Now it's $260 on Amazon, so if it has the capacity to take the rumbleseat down the road, it's definitely a contender!
    I have the Versa with Rumbleseat and love it. I need to take pics and post them. Not tippy at all and really sturdy. It's a quick on and off too. Feel free to let me know if you want more info. It's a perfect part time double for me and it's my car stroller. I have a BOB Duallie for walks.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    A sweet daughter - born Oct '11, RFing in a Foonf, Peg Perego convertible and a Nextfit
    A wonderful son - born Feb '13, RFing in 2 Coccoros and a Peg convertible
    3 under 3 coming soon with surprise baby in August '14 - getting the Keyfit