I don't want a Joovy... do I?

Brigala

CPST Instructor
Someone local to me is selling a FF Joovy car seat in good condition for $20.

I am trying to tell myself that just because I CAN buy it doesn't mean I HAVE TO buy it.

But... it's so cute... and my daughter will be facing forward full time really soon the way she's growing, and she really likes having her dolls buckled up in the car with her. And the stuffed bunny that rides in the car with her now really doesn't 5-step by a long shot... and I don't have room in the Civic to squeeze in a 2nd "real" car seat just for her dolls but a Joovy would fit fine...

Talk me down. *sigh*

ADS

Holly

I would buy it too!! I have the doll infant seat by Joovy and we love it! It's super cute and super well made. I plan to keep it for my grand kids to play with eventually after my kids are done playing with it!

YinzerMama

I thought you meant a real kid one. Weren't they supposed to come out with a real one? Rear face only I think?

If you want it, grab it. You can always resell it. :)

I'd like to have one but there's no room in my car for each kid who would want one to have one.

HappyHoo

Maybe offer $15 and if they accept it then you should buy it :)

If it was something my DD would really like and use regularly - it would be worth the $20 I think. Do you do Easter baskets? Maybe save it for that or something similar so it's a gift v. "just because".

NVMBR02

I'd get it also. We have the infant seat, the FFing seat the the Graco booster. All three have been very well loved in this house. :)

Keeyamah

I want to get one for my friends little girl, but I kinda want the bucket but I don't want to spend the $$, lol.

Brigala

CPST Instructor
There's no WAY I could spend $50 on one, and that's what the new Joovy infant seats cost. But now I'm going to have to keep my eyes open for a used one.

I watched the Graco doll seat that was for sale in Chehailis for a long time, but I knew someone on here wanted to buy it so I restrained myself. LOL.

I was really pleased that all 5 points of the harness unfasten. Because the rabbit's arms are sewn together and I actually wouldn't have been able to use a regular 5-point with it.

DD is thrilled with it. She said "I love it!" and gave her rabbit a big hug.

And yes, I'm aware that the tops of the ears are well above the top of the car seat, but I think I can be given a pass because it's a rabbit.

I do need to figure out how to retrofit a top tether, however. Maybe lower anchors, too (did it come with lower anchors originally?).

2BunniesMommy

See, I knew you wanted it. I am worried about that bunny though, the ears are clearly over the top of the shell!

We love ours! I got it on Amazon for a great deal years ago. Then last year for Christmas my kids pooled their Christmas money and got the set with the infant seat, the stroller, and the playpen. The playpen is the only thing we are not impressed with.

Brigala

CPST Instructor
But is the mid-point of the bunny's head over the top of the seat? Doesn't look like it to me :p.

That was how I felt about it. The bunny's eyes are still slightly below the top of the shell. So I am OK with making the caregiver decision that the bunny's unusual anatomy makes it impossible to follow the "tops of ears" rule.

:D

Holly

It's crazy how expensive they are now! I got ours for like $30 about 5 years ago. I couldn't do $50 either.

2BunniesMommy

All right, I guess the bunny is safe. Yes, it does come with a LATCH strap. I have no idea where either of ours are anymore.

sb518

Glad you got it! We love ours, and thankfully I bought both the infant and convertible long before I had dd and I had a lot of fun money!

2BunniesMommy

The latch strap on mine does nothing. It loosens up immediately.

That stinks! I guess I won't be too sad that mine are gone. I am surprised when otherwise their toys are so high quality. I do remember now that I got rid of the one that came with the FFing seat, because I never used and it didn't figure we ever would. We did want to see if we could get the infant seat between my kids' seats and LATCH was likely the only way, but I am wondering if we got rid of that strap as soon as we got it since we never used the other one. I am pretty sure it is too big for the tiny space between their seats anyway, so no loss.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC