Question If you got a choice of these infant seats for free, which would you pick and why?

hope41more

Aton Q vs Nuna Pipa

Our new squishy is joining us and will be riding outboard. Originally I was sold on the Q, but I just realized the isofix is for overseas only, and will be regular latch in the US. I've seen crash test data on side impact with isofix (although I didn't save it on my computer, but it was back when I was looking at the foonf vs radian?) and I like how isofix fares. However, nuna pipa doesn't have any fancy knobs or side impact technology beyond the isofix like the Q does.

So, which would you pick? Anyone have side impact crash numbers on these seats? Why is your preference what it is?

Thanks in advance!!

ADS

Nedra

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
Aton Q. I love my Aton 2.

However, I would go with the Pipa if we didn't need/want every last inch of legroom for the front passenger, or if a load leg could be used in the center position of our car. If, like us, you will have to install outboard because the center of your vehicle cannot accommodate a load leg, then it is nice to have the LSP of the Aton 2/Q. We also needed the front-to-back space, and so the Cybex seats were our only real option.

The dream drape on the Pipa is really nice, though.

MotoMommaNH

If I had the front to back room in my vehicle and no crazy sloped seats, the Pipa. (Only two recline settings)

murphydog77

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
Pipa, handsdown. The numbers from the load leg are SO impressive.

The Aton Q has a load leg as well.

http://carseatblog.com/24330/abc-expo-2013-whats-new-from-cybex/

Basically, with a load leg, the carseat doesn't rotate downward. Because that downward energy is absorbed, there's very little rebound energy as well so the rf carseat doesn't move much toward the back of the vehicle seat. For those of us in the U.S. where we haven't had these seats available to us, it's pretty revolutionary.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC