Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

+ Reply to Thread
    Carseat Crazy

CCO RF on a plane

Last time I installed the CCO RF on a plane the buckle was right under DS' feet and seemed to make an uncomfortable lump, so I re-installed FF (no big deal since he's 2+ and RFs in the car). Was it a weird plane or is that always the case? Any other suggestions?

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

That was always the case for us, but DD never seemed to notice. We didn't use it RF on planes past 18 months though so maybe that's why.
    Kate // CPST, SK Senior Checker, & Mom to M (12/2010)

Re: CCO RF on a plane

We used it RF with DS1 until 25 months and he never complained about the buckle. I think it does always wind up in the same area when installed RFing on a plane.
    Riding in a 2014 Honda Odyssey
    DS1 July 2010 40 pounds 43" FF in a Congo Frontier 90
    and DS2 Nov 2012 27 pounds 36" ERF in a Faux Hawk Foonf

CPS Technician xursusmaritimusx's Avatar

thats how it is but it never bothered my son

Carseat Crazy

Thanks for the feedback. I'll try again this weekend. It's a red-eye so I don't want to risk an unhappy toddler!

Senior Community Member Dillipop's Avatar
    The same thing happens with the classic marathons. We've flown with them rearfacing and never had a complaint. Bring a receiving blanket or the like to pad the area if you're concerned.

CCO 4/15

Carseat Crazy

Thanks for the reassurances! Turns out DS didn't care and slept LIKE A CHAMP through four flights round trip.