Question New to Radian

Katieonline

Hi! New here (it's been a while since my babies were babies so I haven't researched in a while). Well here we go!
We recently bought a prius c so to fit 3 across we will have a turbo booster, bubblegum, and soon the mailman will be delivering me a slightly used radian xtmade in 2010. The radian is for my almost 4 year old so buying new made my stomach sick at the new price (kicking myself for not buying it in the first place!)

Is it possible to buy covers for the SK xt? From what I've read the xt and xtsl will swap covers fine? I would really like a prettier cover than the plain black and grey (she's coming from a cosi maxi and a nautilus so perhaps I'm spoiled lol). On their website it only lists new seats and none that are retired. When emailing I was directed to an address in WA.

Also, my daughters turning 4 in May .. She's 28lbs and 37" tall.. Can someone guesstimate how much longer she will be able to fit the harness/RF?

Last edited by a moderator:
ADS

cookie123

You can often find covers on swap here. I'd check there. It's probably going to be expensive from SK now Diono.

I can't comment on length of use. It will just depend on height/weight/torso length. My grandson outgrew the original Radian at 3.5 by weight which was 33 lbs at the time.

As far as buying a used Radian, if it's open box or a return I'd check it over well for signs of use, missing pieces. If it's got its original tags still attached, yes. If it's truly used, unless you know the person you got it from and can trust that for sure it hasn't been in an accident or cared for improperly (washing harness straps in machine/submerged) I'd return it.

What's she rear facing in now?

Keeyamah

Also, my daughters turning 4 in May .. She's 28lbs and 37" tall.. Can someone guesstimate how much longer she will be able to fit the harness/RF?

So I played around with growth charts, and if she stays where she is (4% for weight and 8% for height, unless I flipped those) she will be about 6.5 before she reaches 44", so you've got years yet for RFing if you chose to RF to the limits of the seat. (BTW, my 18 month old is 28lbs and 34", lol. I have big boys.)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC