harmony defender

asianmom

All wamart stores are out of stock, and they are the only one selling them.
Anybody knows where can i find them? Amazon has one but its $140.
Or can you suggest a good convertible same with harmony?

ADS

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
Are you looking for a convertible (rear to forward facing) or combination seat (harness to booster)?

Try calling Harmony to see if you can buy directly from them.

Wendy

asianmom

Im looking for ff fpr my 42lbs kid. Shes turning 3 this april and her britax roundabout 55 is going to her little brother who is now 32lbs.
I post a few months ago and they told me to get defender. But all walmart stores are oos.
I need a slim one for honda crv because I still seat in the middle of the kids at the back of the car. Thanks

Phineasmama

I can tell you from experience that the Defender is not easy to install in the CR-V. I am a CPST and I tried in my CR-V for like an hour and could not get it to install tightly enough so I returned it to the store.

I would probably recommend just NOT sitting in the back with them, but if you have to and you can spend a little bit more money, the Diono R100 is the same width thereabouts of the Harmony Defender.

staryla

When I go to Walmart.com the Harmony Defenders are out of stock online. But if I select ship to store I am told that I can get one shipped to my local store as early as today.

Now I haven't actually tried to order, so it might not actually go through. But check it out to see if you can ship to a store.

asianmom

I can tell you from experience that the Defender is not easy to install in the CR-V. I am a CPST and I tried in my CR-V for like an hour and could not get it to install tightly enough so I returned it to the store.

I would probably recommend just NOT sitting in the back with them, but if you have to and you can spend a little bit more money, the Diono R100 is the same width thereabouts of the Harmony Defender.

i was thinking the same too.. coz the britax roundabout 55 is too big and bulky, im really squeeze ight now in the middle using the snugride 30 for my son and the britax. they don't want me to sit in the front right now. but I know time will come that they would let me sit in front. (hopefully)
I spent the whole day and night looking for some lightweight and narrow seat.
im thinking of the securekid 300 or 400. but I didn't see them in person yet so I cant decide. I will check the radian. thanks a lot.

Brigala

CPST Instructor
If the Defender is showing available to "ship to store" today for you, then your local Walmart most likely has it in stock.

And, if you walk in and just buy it instead of ordering it online, there's a very good chance you'll pay less money for it than the online price.

But if it's not a good fit for a CRV... that's another issue. I am afraid I haven't had the pleasure of matching up that seat to that car yet. Sometimes there's enough variation between model years that it can make all the difference in the world. So it may be worth trying anyway.

Phineasmama

The wal Marts in my area show it as in stock for store pickup but I think it's a glitch because none of the stores actually have them.

kaharris83

Not sure where you are located but a few weeks ago when I went looking for one I found one at my closest store. The online inventory said they had none but I went and checked anyway and there was one. Another of my stores said it was in stock and it wasn't. The store near my parents said it was in stock and their store had 6.

asianmom

Thanks for letting me know that it will not fit in the crv. GOD has reason why I didnt get it thw first time I saw it and the 2nd time it was not available online and in the store. Now I need a narrow lightweight combi seat.
Please tell me if the safety 1st 65 guide is ok. Or the evenflo 65 dlx. Or anything. Radian is too expensive.

Brigala

CPST Instructor
The Evenflo Titan 65 aka SureRide 65 is a great seat. It doesn't convert to a booster, but it should last most kids until they are big enough to use an inexpensive backless if necessary. It is not exactly narrow, but it often will "puzzle" well with other seats; it just depends on what you have.

The Guide 65 is also a great seat. It is not as tall as the Evenflo, so I am not sure how long it would last you. It is narrower than the Evenflo, but because of the way it's shaped it may or may not fit as well.

MotoMommaNH

I looked at the sureride 65 pics online it looks bigger than roundabout55.

Its definitely taller but not wider. It has lips on the shell that the cover goes around that may make it look wider but the actual seat is somewhat narrower than Britax convertibles. The narrow spots correspond well with the wider spots on other seats (puzzling)
You sort if have to see them in person side by side to better compare.

asianmom

Its definitely taller but not wider. It has lips on the shell that the cover goes around that may make it look wider but the actual seat is somewhat narrower than Britax convertibles. The narrow spots correspond well with the wider spots on other seats (puzzling)
You sort if have to see them in person side by side to better compare.

What is puzzling?

Keeyamah

What is puzzling?

Kinda what it sounds like. Some seats fit together like the pieces if a jig saw puzzle and take up less space together than their dimensions would take added together.

The seats are wide where one is narrow, or one is up on a higher base, so other seats slide under it.

It gets harder with boosters because you need room to buckle them every time, but the concept still applies.

cookie123

Look at the Evenflo Secure Kid. It has installed nicely for me in a few different cars and is narrow with tall harness slots. It should last a long time. Kids love the cup holders!

asianmom

i bought the radian r100 from kohls. got it for $208 less 5% less $5 plus $30 kohls cash. total of $157. good deal!

asianmom

So sad hubby doesn't want the radian. He said its too heavy for his car. I dont k ow what to buy anymore. He doesnt want bulky he doesnt want heavy he doesnt want big. I guess he just doesnt want a car seat!!!!

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
Are you the poster with the 2 year old that your DH has riding in a booster? Why does he care how heavy the seat is? It will be installed, he doesn't have to carry it around does he?

Also, why were you considering a Radian? Aren't you looking for a forward facing only seat? If you get a combination seat, she'll have a longer time in the harness which is likely what you need since she is big for her age.

What about a Graco Nautilus? Earlier people suggested a SureRide, and while it's a convertible, it has a nice high harness height. Is there a reason you excluded this one?

Do you have your own vehicle? If so, can you just drive your daughter since you're DH isn't concerned for her safety in the vehicle?

And you wanted to be able to fit beside the baby, correct? I'd just worry about getting your 2 year old in a safe seat. Don't worry about trying to fit all three of you in the back. You're better off with you in the front and both kids safely restrained outboard in the back seat.

And if I'm mixing you up with a different poster, most of my questions won't apply! Ha ha!

wavegal

Techno the OP is looking for a narrow seat so she can sit between the two in the backseat since the kids require her there.

OP is the weight an issue because he's afraid it will damage his interior? I remember that being an issue with the britax and why he didn't want it if i remember correctly. If it would ease his mind I would say use the diono mat under it. Also have you pulled up NY laws and told him what the ticket price would be for not using a proper car-seat?

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC