2015 Kia Sedona speculation

ADS

kaharris83

As someone who swore I'd never drive a van...though I am thinking that all van drivers probably felt that way at one time, I am really looking forward to this coming out in the fall. I love my DH's '14 Optima. The interior and little details are really nice. I'm hoping the redesign on the Sedona gives it similar features.

Gidgetc13

I also swore I would never drive a minivan, and I am super excited to see the new Sedona! I never thought I would anxiously be awaiting a minivan. DH works at a Kia dealership, so as soon as they get one in I'm going over to check it out!

DawgDad

Why is it so horrible to drive a minivan? I know it's mostly a woman thing (no offense, just what I have personally observed in person and online), but I don't get it. Not to derail the conversation. Looking forward to seeing how much Kia can capture in this market and hopefully sway buyers back into the sensible purchase of a minivan vs. the massive SUV. The new middle row seats look quite innovative on how they fold out of the way and even with the recline feature.

tl01

Why is it so horrible to drive a minivan? I know it's mostly a woman thing (no offense, just what I have personally observed in person and online), but I don't get it. Not to derail the conversation. Looking forward to seeing how much Kia can capture in this market and hopefully sway buyers back into the sensible purchase of a minivan vs. the massive SUV. The new middle row seats look quite innovative on how they fold out of the way and even with the recline feature.

I totally get it from one perspective. I used to live in an area where it is a status symbol to drive a massive SUV. The wealthier moms don't drive minivans. I guess they just aren't stylish enough. There's one place I go in that city where lots of wealthy moms hang out and like 90 percent of them drive SUVs... Where i currently live... and pickup at my son's private school... more that half of the parents drive minivans:). I tried the massive SUV (not that I'm a wealthier mom) but it just didn't work as well so I went for the minivan. I never wanted one and thought that I could make do with something smaller but it just doesn't work for me.

Eta... When I say I get it... That doesn't mean that is the way I think. I honestly think status symbols are pretty annoying... And that those that have the most don't show that way.

Last edited:

Gidgetc13

My reason for not wanting to drive a minivan has nothing to do with status symbols. I dislike massive SUVs more than I dislike minivans. I have just never been a fan of minivans, I don't really know why. I never liked riding in any of my friend's minivans growing up and swore I would never own one. From what I've seen, it looks like a lot has changed in minivans since then though. Now that we have 3 kids, and all 3 kids will be in car seats for awhile, the idea of a minivan is more appealing. I just started looking at minivans as a possibility this winter. We are currently managing just fine with a sedan and a small SUV/crossover, but might want something a bit larger in the future (especially since I wouldn't mind having more children). I had pretty much decided that if we ever got a minivan it would be an Odyssey, but then we learned about the new Sedona. The fact that DH works at a Kia dealership makes the Sedona even more appealing. I just hope it lives up to my expectations.

Keeanh

I just happened upon the 2015 Sedona while looking up used vans. It looks like it will be available as an 8 passenger! I don't know if my old van can hold out long enough for me to buy a '15 used LOL. But I'm excited there's going to be another 8p option out there. I'm still sad GM discontinued the Astro rather than keeping it and adding a couple headrests & shoulder belts.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC