Gracos at BRU....Finally back!

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Last week, the vendor lady came to the store with a big box of new stickers. It was much easier when I said "they will put new stickers on and the seats will go back on the shelves", before THEY turned into WE! I helped her pull all the boxes into groups in our cramped stock room, check all the dates on them, put all the new stickers in the right places on the box (cover up the UPC codes, and a 'new buckle!' picture on the front of each box.
But we have to wait and wait for every store to get their stickers and then for a mass email saying it's ok to put them all back on the shelves. Sigh.
I'm bummed, I've actually tried to help people out who want mysizes for tight three acrosses or second seats (the easyfit 65 or tribute were 'too ugly' for one mom. I was thinking: well, that screaming baby who hates the infant seat on a long trip is your karma, then :p). Then I tell people that Walmart has that or the Contender in stock, and I don't care if I lose a sale, walmart put their Gracos back on the shelf and that's the seat you need, I won't deny you the knowledge of it.
So, yeah, hopefully this week Gracos will be back. I'm also out of Evenflo Secure Kids, and loathe selling people Baby Trend Hybrids, so the sooner, the better.

ADS

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Re: Waaaaaaaaaiting for Gracos at BRU....

Still waiting. It's getting really frustrating too now that the Secure Kids are out of stock (new version coming soon, not soon enough, I'm down to one floor model...).
Anyway, hopefully this week.
Oh, lol, they Baby Trend Hybrids are out there, by the dozen. My old supervisor said yeah, we usually can't keep those in stock, and I said of course not, there's not any Nautiluses to sell, or they cost half the price :p (I showed the shopping parents the excruciatingly complicated belt path and they opted to wait...)

MommyShannon

A friend just took her recalled MyRide to BRU since she didn't get the new buckle yet. I didn't know what to suggest since the right seat for her was the nautilus, but they were pulled, the Frontier was more seat and price, and others have the same buckle as the recalled Gracos! While she was there, they got or brought out the Gracos. She was happy!

NannyMom

On ones you changed the sticker, did BRU employees change the buckles? I'm a little confused ;) (I've been waiting for Nautis to come back there!)

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Haha, that was lucky! Yeah, the Maestro has the same junky buckle as the recalled nautilus... wonder how long it'll take THAT to get recalled?!?!?! (my coworker had to cut her kid's harness, he was too big for her to loosen and wriggle out... I don't think she's had time to call and complain to Evenflo about it, though :eek:)

henrietta

Are they using IMMI now too?

Oh gosh that would be GREAT. Our Secure Kid 300 buckle sucks and always has. I'm pretty sure it's the same buckle that Graco was using. I'd LOVE a replacement with an IMMI buckle. If I ever couldn't get it unbuckled, I'd have to cut it, too, b/c ds is too big for me to get him out w/the tiny bit of harness left and too heavy for me uninstall and to lift up the seat to attempt to remove the harness from the splitter plate on back.

Kecia

Admin - CPST Instructor
They are not using IMMI buckles. Only the Symphony (which had an IMMI buckle to begin with - before they switched to the QT buckle) is going back to having an IMMI buckle. The new Evenflo buckles are a style that you are probably familiar with because they have used it on a lot of different convertibles and combo seats throughout the years.

This is a brand new "Platinum" Secure Kid DLX.

photo (73).jpg

nannykates

My bru was a sad place yesterday. There were seriously 10 seats under $200 that harnessed past 40#...and I dont particularly like any of them. I dont want to see the stack of hybrids come through our events this month.

gigi

Those new/old evenflo buckles are great! I actually like them better than the IMMIs. They are easier for me to unbuckle.

Kecia

Admin - CPST Instructor
Yeah - I like these buckles too. The buckle tongues "eject" when you press the release button.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
On ones you changed the sticker, did BRU employees change the buckles? I'm a little confused ;) (I've been waiting for Nautis to come back there!)

Nah, we sent Graco back the ones with the old buckles, it would be a disastrous safety hazard for BRU employees to replace buckles on carseats. All the ones we had pulled in the first place WERE ALREADY the new post-recall models, except for like the old floor models and an old smart seat. It's just that they needed new UPC codes and big 'new buckle!' stickers on the boxes.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Kecia, our newest Maestro has that big round buckle. I was confused, I couldn't believe that was the new one. I'm glad they've done something to remedy the issue, though.

NannyMom

Nah, we sent Graco back the ones with the old buckles, it would be a disastrous safety hazard for BRU employees to replace buckles on carseats. All the ones we had pulled in the first place WERE ALREADY the new post-recall models, except for like the old floor models and an old smart seat. It's just that they needed new UPC codes and big 'new buckle!' stickers on the boxes.

Ok, I thought that would be disastrous!

cookie123

I noticed they had 1 Graco Headwise 70 at Target today when I was there. It had a new buckle sticker on it.

NannyMom

Walmart had 5 Nautilus today. 2 were Aug 2013 And 50% off. 2 were Oct 2013 and regular price. 1 was Nov 2013 and had a sticker advertising the new buckles

amreb

Sorry, somewhat newbie here... so the Evenflo Maestro has the same buckle as the recalled Graco seats? I just ordered one when I couldn't get a Nautilus or a SecureKid anywhere. Can I get a new buckle for it (and what kind would that be)?

What kind of buckle do the new Evenflo platinum seats have? I also just put in a pre-order for a platinum Triumph and platinum SecureKid for our other car.

Sigh. I thought by avoiding the Gracos I'd not have to deal with this buckle issue.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC