Bought a BJCM for my Houdini & having buyers remorse!!

Beckyxo

I should have found this site before I bought it. UGH. We had a Peg perego Pliko P3 and it was hard for my 18 month old to get out of but he sure tried. We needed to replace it because it was bulky and old and didn't push well anymore.

So I did some research and was told the BJCM was the best, had a great harness, etc. I found one on Pish Posh Baby for $164 so luckily I got a good deal. But, now I feel duped because I hate the harness. It's soooo easy to slip out of, not nearly as stiff as the Peg. I did add a chest clip to it and that definitely helped a lot, but it still wasn't what I was expecting. :/

Normally I'm frugal and I'm having so much buyers remorse over this. I was originally looking for a cheap (like $40) lightweight stroller with a 5 pt. harness that would be hard for my Houdini to escape. We are out in it a lot, like at the big kids sports games, etc. A few people talked me into this. Wondering if I should return it for something else.

Advice?

ADS

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
The reviews on Baby Gizmo's YouTube channel mostly mention whether the buckle is easy or difficult for a kid to undo. Maybe that will help?

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
Valco harnesses are perfect for Houdinis as you have to press a button in before pulling the buckle tongues out. And the Valco Snap is really lightweight. If you're able to return what you have, you could order a Snap and even a couple others and compare and find out what you like best.

ebp913

Valco harnesses are perfect for Houdinis as you have to press a button in before pulling the buckle tongues out. And the Valco Snap is really lightweight. If you're able to return what you have, you could order a Snap and even a couple others and compare and find out what you like best.

This is what I was coming to suggest.

daniele_ut

I should have found this site before I bought it. UGH. We had a Peg perego Pliko P3 and it was hard for my 18 month old to get out of but he sure tried. We needed to replace it because it was bulky and old and didn't push well anymore. So I did some research and was told the BJCM was the best, had a great harness, etc. I found one on Pish Posh Baby for $164 so luckily I got a good deal. But, now I feel duped because I hate the harness. It's soooo easy to slip out of, not nearly as stiff as the Peg.

I have a BJCM 4 Wheel and I know what you mean about how easy it is to slip out of the harness. It's not that the child can unbuckle it, it's just really easy to get arms out and wiggle out. My toddler only pulls his arms out and doesn't try to stand up yet, but I can see it being a problem in the future. I don't have a good answer for you, though!

Mercuria

The Valco buckle is great for Houdini babies, but, at least on the Snap, the harness is a PITA to adjust. If it needs to be perfectly snug on his shoulders, I'd skip the Snap.

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
My Bee is really easy to tighten the harness snug on each side as there is a strap on each side to pull. So you can loosen to get out and tighten once in. And since the back height is adjustable on the fly, which also adjusts he harness height, it's easy not to have it too high (which can make it easier to get their arms out when a harness is above their shoulders).

But the price isn't budget shopper friendly. :(

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
I just got one (Cybex stroller) and it's really a fantastic feature- much harder to get out of- but I don't know that an escapist couldn't do it.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC