Pacifica / Rainier / Olympia details

Pixelated

Moderator - CPST Instructor
They're not out yet but this is what I've been able to find, keeping in mind these are Canadian specs. Of note? 12 year expiry:

Rainier (RXT-like):

Highest rear-facing capacity of any car seat: from 2.3 - 22.7 kg (5 to 50 lbs) - (up to 112 cm or 44"in height)
Forward-facing capacity in a 5-point harness: from 10 - 29.5 kg (22-65 lbs) or up to 144 cm (57" in height)
Booster mode weight limit: 23 - 54 kg (50 - 120 lbs) - (up to 144 cm or 57" in height)
Designed with Safety Synergy™ technology for the highest level of performance & safety
Industry leading 12 year product life
Fits 3 across in a mid-size vehicle with its space saving design offering the most generous interior space
Full steel alloy frame and aluminum reinforced sides for unmatched strength
Reinforced deeper sidewalls lined with energy-absorbing foam give Rainier superior head and body protection
12 height adjustable head support, reinforced with aluminum and lined with energy-absorbing foam for complete side impact protection
Memory foam padding for extra comfort
Sits low on vehicle seat for easy child boarding and improved safety performance in a crash
Folds flat for travel and storage
Only brand of car seats with SuperLATCH™: with the Strongest Connectors and Secureweave™ webbing it provides an easy and secure installation
Luxurious two-piece infant body pillow provides support and comfort
Meets FAA standards for air travel
Extra-long leg support for comfy road trips and multiple harness and buckle positions for custom fit
Rear-facing tether capability
1 cup holder included (add up to 4)
Additional forward-facing recline position to accommodate different types of contoured vehicle seats
SafeStop® energy absorbing harness
Anti-slip rubber seat grips

Comes in Graphite (grey microsuede?) / Shadow (grey wipe-clean?) / Houndstooth (black wipe-clean check?) and then Glacier (light blue) and Orchid (purpleish).

diono-rainier-glacier.jpg

diono-rainier-orchid.jpg

Pacifica - (R120ish)

Highest rear-facing capacity of any car seat: from 2.3 - 22.7 kg (5 to 50 lbs) - (up to 112 cm or 44"in height)
Forward-facing in a 5-point harness: from 10 - 29.5 kg (22-65 lbs) or up to 144 cm (57" in height)
Booster mode weight limit: 23 - 54 kg (50 - 120 lbs) - (up to 144 cm or 57" in height)
Designed with Safety Synergy™ technology for the highest level of performance & safety
Fits 3 across in a mid-size vehicle with its space saving design offering the most generous interior space
Reinforced deeper sidewalls lined with energy-absorbing foam give Rainier superior head and body protection
Sits low on vehicle seat for easy child boarding and improved safety performance in a crash
Only brand of car seats with SuperLATCH™: with the Strongest Connectors and Secureweave™ webbing it provides an easy and secure installation
Luxurious two-piece infant body pillow provides support and comfort
Extra-long leg support for comfy road trips and multiple harness and buckle positions for custom fit
1 cup holder included (add up to 4)
Additional forward-facing recline position to accommodate different types of contoured vehicle seats

Graphite (grey microsuede?) / Shadow (grey wipe-clean?) / Sunburst (orange)

diono-pacifica-sunburst.jpg

Olympia (R100ish)
Extended rear-facing capacity: from 2.3 - 20.5 kg (5 to 45 lbs) - (up to 112 cm or 44"in height)
Forward-facing capacity in a 5-point harness: from 10 - 29.5 kg (22-65 lbs) or up to 144 cm (57" in height)
Booster mode weight limit: 23 - 50 kg (50 - 110 lbs) - (up to 144 cm or 57" in height)
Reinforced deeper sidewalls lined with energy-absorbing foam give Olympia superior head and body protection

Graphite (grey wipe-clean) / Shadow (grey microsuede)

diono-olympia-graphite.jpg

Last edited:
ADS

smackeen

So are they going to be able to actually get the 50lb rear facing limit?

I know Clek tried, but were unable to in Canada.

YinzerMama

I wonder if that 12 year time span includes a number of years as booster only?

I don't know how I feel about it. I wish the mid level one came in more colors. I'd love deeper sides without the head wings. And I wish they could have somehow eliminated the need for the recline block.

And I've read the radians are supposed to stick around but I wonder if it's true...

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
I really wish they had done something differently with the belt guides. If those are the final production ones they look to be very far forward from where the child's shoulder will be, and still non adjustable. I wonder how the fit will be with the deeper side wings and belt guides on the top outside. I need to shove Piper in one (57", 86.8 pounds, 11 years old) and see how she fits.

Wendy

HaileysMommy

Why does the top model need headwings inside the shell? I don't get it. By the time the kid is big enough to use them they won't need them bc of the deeper shell. Why not just make one model that goes to 50 without the wings and infant padding purchased separately? That way it would be cheaper to purchase for an older child. The middle model is great except just orange as the "cool" color? No way. But I can see them doing that so more people buy the higher model bc the cover is cute.

jacqui276

Why does the top model need headwings inside the shell? I don't get it. By the time the kid is big enough to use them they won't need them bc of the deeper shell. Why not just make one model that goes to 50 without the wings and infant padding purchased separately? That way it would be cheaper to purchase for an older child. The middle model is great except just orange as the "cool" color? No way. But I can see them doing that so more people buy the higher model bc the cover is cute.

The head wings look like they extend beyond the shell so maybe offer a bit of additional protection?

I kind of want one of these...but DH would shoot me if I bought another car seat for DS since we currently have 5 and are only using 2 of them (even if it would buy him another 5lbs RFing).

Belle's Mamma

Is it wrong that I want to buy a pair of these to RF my 7yo DD (43 ish lbs) & my 5.5 yo DS 38 ish lbs). I have a mini obsession with RFing Radians...too bad I can't stand them as FF seats :(
DS would be all about the Glaciiar (Batman colors,LOL). IDT that I could convince her to go back to RFing after switching over to a HBB only about 6 mo ago. DS couldn't care less which way he's facing the majority of the time.

Oh those seats look great...sigh.

YinzerMama

I think the internal head wings will be comfier for sleeping - head won't have to lean as far over - but I really hate how they steer you to the top of the line to get the most color choices.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC