Question is Diono not making the Monterrey anymore?

ADS

wavegal

They are replacing it with a booster called the Cambria which should be coming out this spring

Sent from my iPhone using Car-Seat.Org

YinzerMama

I saw that video a month or two and it makes me think of those memes that go around with the perception of co-sleeping (smoking hot mom, peaceful baby beside her) vs. the reality of co-sleeping (average jane mom with foot in her face). It's just begging for a comparison of Diono's dream of walking a child to the car vs. the reality of getting your kids in the car which for me always looks a little more like this: :fencing:

:D

It looks great but I really want to know what colors it will come in. I emailed Diono and they said they didn't know yet. I really hope there is a purple.

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
Anyone play with the Cambria and have any thoughts?

Found this..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jnSmAte0S8A

Just keep in mind that that's a British video, and there may be changes when it comes to the US. Or not, but take anything coming from Europe with a grain of salt. I can nearly guarantee that the weight limit will be higher (either 100 or 120 pounds) because very little stops at 36kg in the US (80 pounds, whereas the Monterey goes to 120, that'd be quite a step back for them).

Is this coming out with their new seats in June, does anyone know, or will it come out sooner if the Monterey is no longer on their site?

Wendy

YinzerMama

It DOES look like ET. I think all boosters look like ET once the neck is stretched out but this one has stripes across the chest that make it look even more so.

Originally price was 99 dollars MSRP. I expect when it first comes out so many people are going to be drooling for it that it will be hard to snag and the price will be at 99 for a while.

When I briefly spied it for pre-order "raspberry" was one of the options. I forget what else I saw.

I'm holding out hopes it will be the perfect booster. I like the turbo with safety surround but wish it went taller.

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
It was posted by DIONO usa though.. Either way, It looks like a nice seat!

Yes, it's a nice preview. I'm just saying, it's obviously a British video and seats normally go through at least slightly cosmetic changes, if not weight changes, when they come here from overseas. It'll probably look pretty much the same (different required labeling, of course), but I don't know about the Y thing in the back to hold it on (potentially, but that'd be a first in the US), and I'd be shocked if it only went to 80 pounds.

Wendy

Pixels

I just read the UK manual. It requires installing the seat tightly with the Y strap when in high back mode. That can't happen here, due to FMVSS. They can provide the strap, highly recommend its use, etc, but they can't require it.

mimieliza

I wish they would hurry up! DD has about maxed out the height on her First Years B570, and I need a tall, latchable booster that doesn't cost $$$.

_juune

I just read the UK manual. It requires installing the seat tightly with the Y strap when in high back mode. That can't happen here, due to FMVSS. They can provide the strap, highly recommend its use, etc, but they can't require it.
Huh? I read the manual, too, and my understanding is that they just "recommend" to use the strap. I can't imagine where the strap would go in my Volvo S60 backseat, for example. :confused:

The manual.

Baylor

I like the idea of the strap and it would probably work in my current van but I can not see how it would work in a lot of others.

I think it looks cool. I am up for this one.

Carrie_R

Ambassador - CPS Technician
Stink :( I love my Monterey sooooo much, I have one just sitting in my storage, with no one to use it. It will probably expire before G is ready for a HBB. But I had a car full of them for a time and just can't let the last one go... That Cambria is not going to cut it.

Brianna

Nice concept, but I can't imagine that would be much fun to use in a sedan. Here, let me just crawl into my trunk to buckle up this extra strap- yeah, no. I understand it's not going to be required but still!

thekatie

Huh? I read the manual, too, and my understanding is that they just "recommend" to use the strap. I can't imagine where the strap would go in my Volvo S60 backseat, for example. :confused: The manual.

So... Who would classify as a "competent authority"? Page for of the manual says (paraphrasing!) do not alter the seat without being told to by a "competent authority" or manufacturer.

As for the strap, I wouldn't want to use that. If I could do it, I probably would (because hey, recommended for a reason right?) but I would complain the whole time.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC