Funkiness in the 2014 Toyota Highlander

ADS

tl01

It sounds like they do this in lots of their models. I would love to hear them explain the reasoning. I'm glad I don't own a Toyota product. They really have exasperated me in the past!

creideamh

This totally devastates me. I was 100% sold on a Highlander Hybrid as my next car (the Prius is getting a bit rough...) but not if 3 across is forbidden. What in the world, Toyota!!!!

SafeDad

CPSDarren - Admin
Staff member
I just checked again and see nothing like that for my 2011 Highlander Hybrid. Seems kind of silly to add that when the new version is a bit wider. Anyone have a copy of the manaual page for the 2014 they can send me?

The Hybrid is due out soon. It's possible it varies, but I doubt it. I wish they hadn't gotten rid of the base model. Now you have to spend almost $50k to get one because they force limited trim on you.

urwnl

Yes, it's very dumb. I just bought 1, but luckily I only have one in a convertible seat so she's behind the driver. My other two are in boosters.

SavsMom

I understand that they are being very proactive - they don't want someone sitting in a position where their safety might be compromised....I get that.

But I can easily say I am glad I don't sell them anymore - for a number of reasons.

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
I just checked again and see nothing like that for my 2011 Highlander Hybrid. Seems kind of silly to add that when the new version is a bit wider. Anyone have a copy of the manaual page for the 2014 they can send me?

The Hybrid is due out soon. It's possible it varies, but I doubt it. I wish they hadn't gotten rid of the base model. Now you have to spend almost $50k to get one because they force limited trim on you.

Contact The Car Seat Lady.

thepote

I just checked again and see nothing like that for my 2011 Highlander Hybrid. Seems kind of silly to add that when the new version is a bit wider. Anyone have a copy of the manaual page for the 2014 they can send me? The Hybrid is due out soon. It's possible it varies, but I doubt it. I wish they hadn't gotten rid of the base model. Now you have to spend almost $50k to get one because they force limited trim on you.

This is the page from the 2014 Highlander manual.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC