Question Had anyone received a new Graco buckle yet?

NicoleCPST

Senior Community Member
If not, does anyone have any idea when they will begin shipping? I ordered mine the first day and haven't heard anything back. DS is getting kinds of cramped in his Keyfit but I'd rather wait on the new buckle to use the Netizen

ADS

Mugsmom

Not yet, and I ordered the first day as well. I ordered 2, and hope they both come, because the email reply made it sound like they might only send one.

NicoleCPST

Senior Community Member
Not yet, and I ordered the first day as well. I ordered 2, and hope they both come, because the email reply made it sound like they might only send one.

They didn't even send me a reply email. I don't want to buy another seat and I'm getting very irritated at the thought of having spent $125 on a seat I might not use.

NicoleCPST

Senior Community Member
was netizen an autocorrect?

Lmbo! I don't know where THAT came from! It was supposed to say Myride. I have a 12mo in a KF30 waiting on the buckle for the MR and I have a 6yo in a Safety Surround Turbo, and waiting on the buckle for her Nautilus.

SafeDad

CPSDarren - Admin
Staff member
I am told Graco is shipping replacements as fast as possible and they are also working with IMMI and another manufacturer to increase production of replacement buckles to shorten the delays as quickly as they can. Ramping up manufacturing isn't something that can be measured in days or weeks, but the process is continuing to increase the supply.

The main issue is that Graco had a very short lead time, essentially a day, from when they were notified that NHTSA would require a recall to the time the recall became public. Even if they had some idea that a recall may be forthcoming weeks prior to that, getting a million pieces of anything doesn't simply come off someone's shelf, either at Graco, IMMI or anywhere.

So, they have estimated a 4-6 week lead time on replacements for orders placed now, and orders placed the days following the recall should be shipping very soon if they haven't already shipped.

They also advise that if anyone is experiences a buckle that is very difficult to release or has actually seized completely, they can possibly have their replacement expedited if you have already requested one by phone or online.

To do this, you can either contact Graco on Facebook with a message that your particular buckle has the problem and is not releasing normally, or send me a Private Message with the email/contact information you provided to Graco when you requested your replacement and my contact will personally expedite your replacement order.

Though a lot of us may roll their eyes at the suggestion, Graco is still convinced that cleaning the buckle with their recommended procedure will return the overwhelming majority of sticky buckles to their original operation. Granted, these buckles weren't all that easy for many of us to operate originally, so cleaning does not solve that problem! Cleaning should solve the secondary issue of the progressive worsening of the release mechanism due to food/drink spills, sand, dirt and other debris, to the point of the buckle seizing and not releasing at all. Of course if you have a lot of sand or other stuff stuck in there that doesn't dissolve in water or is too large to rinse away, then yours may be an exception to the cleaning fix!

sm1982

My mother and I requested ours on the same day. She received hers on the 21st, I still haven't received mine yet. I did however receive a letter last week letting me know about the recall since I had registered my seat. I don't know if this means now I'll end up with two buckles or not.

Mom2natalie

I got the letter. I still haven't' received the buckle. Thankfully ours has never been really sticky, but I'd hate for it to stick during an accident.

msg221

I received my buckles about 3 weeks ago and the notice a few days ago. I ended up with four buckles because I had put in my request for buckles before I knew that if you had registered your seats they would automatically send you replacements so if anyone is tired of waitng on Graco, I have 2 extra buckles. Mine were replacements for two Argos seats. Are the replacement buckles the same for all seats involved in the recall?

rfk

Buckle arrived today. But don't know if it was the one requested online or if it just auto-followed the recall letter we received.

Used a flathead to help coax the straps out of the old clips. We'll see how it works out.

FWIW - I gave the old buckle the splash-bath, didn't change a thing. Our 6 year old was no longer able to unbuckle herself. Glad to have the new one - she made it work immediately.

Last edited:

CMeMeC

I ordered mine 3/02 I think. I still haven't received them. Should I call or something? My daughter's does stick. I found out about the recall when searching for advice on what to do about it. She (6 years old) gets really frustrated when she can't get out herself.

Mugsmom

I haven't received mine (2 of them) yet either, and I emailed them the first day. My DD's sticks when both buckling and unbuckling, so I'm hoping they come soon.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Starting to have bummed out customers at BRU who are sick of waiting for theirs to arrive. We let you return them for a gift card without any hassle, though you might not get the full amount, more like the sale price. A grandpa was thrilled to upgrade to a MySize because it had push-on LATCH connectors, when they didn't send his My Ride 65 buckle after all these weeks....

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC