All terrain stroller where the child can sit up well?

YinzerMama

I don't know how else to phase is. I have an old Bob (2007 I think) that has served me well and handles great outside and all - but I think my son is getting tired of feeling like he is sitting in a hole when we walk. The seat is just so slumpy. For now, walking is just in the mall since it is so cold out - in nice weather there is a 5 mile loop in a park I do which is fairly smooth or I do a few rounds in the cemetery across the street which has a lot of rough, uneven pavement and one section that is dirt and gravel (so I really so need air tires for that).

I had thought maybe a B-ready would be good for the mall - I used to have one and sold it thinking he was past the looking at me phase - and I really wish I hadn't. But I tried him in one at this age (going on 3 and small) and he seems like it JUST fits whereas he has tons of room to twist and squirm in the Bob - so I don't know how good an idea that would be. I love how firm and high up the seat is though.

Is there any true all terrain stroller that has a more supportive, firmer seat than the Bob? I am not sure if the new ones are that much better or or they sink over time and leave that weird wire-support ridge at the bend in the knees as well? Anyone have a baby jogger summit? How is the seat in that one? They seem to have fixed the inaccessible basket problem with that one which was a major reason I have not liked it in the past.

Last edited:
ADS

YinzerMama

I was thinking a 3 digit number starting with a 3 as the upper limit LOL.

I already have a bike trailer, I don't want something like that to use as a stroller. And bugaboo is too fancy looking for my tastes.

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
I was thinking a 3 digit number starting with a 3 as the upper limit LOL.

I already have a bike trailer, I don't want something like that to use as a stroller. And bugaboo is too fancy looking for my tastes.

What bike trailer do you have? Some have awesome stroller kits (like the Chariot Chinook, has a single swivel large wheel for the front) and can easily be used for walks like you are doing. You open the side windows and don't close the flap and they are more open.

YinzerMama

Can you give a maximum degree back from vertical you want it reclined?

I want it upright, not reclined. I feel like my son is sitting in a hole with the Bob. The bum of the seat sags and the back is so reclined. I don't know if buying a new cover (I don't know if you can even still get them for the old ones) would help or not. The bum foam part is not replacable as far as I know, only the back part.

We have a Burley D'lite. Love it for biking, hauls two kids + all the crap a family of 6 needs for a whole day out biking. You can put a lot of junk in the trunk. :) I'd feel like an idiot pushing a bike trailer around in the mall, though. For the next few months at least this is going to be a mall walking stroller. (And I know you don't need all terrain for the mall but I'd like to only have one stroller)

I wish someone around here had the baby jogger in stock. I guess I can always order and return...

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
Yes, I know you want upright, lol. But very few strollers of any kind have a seatback at a 90 degree angle to the seat. Do you consider 20 degrees from vertical too reclined? 30?

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
Ah okay, I missed that you need it for the mall too. My brain doesn't understand owning only one stroller for the mall and outdoors. :ROTFLMAO:

The B-Ready is a frickin' giant. I hate that thing. And it's not like it's a great all terrain stroller anyway.

Honestly, the Buffalo sounds like it would be perfect for you if it wasn't for the price. And I guess the fancy look? Not quite sure what you mean by that but if there's a particular part of the look you dislike, let us know so we don't recommend similar looking strollers.

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
Okay, what about a City Mini GT? You're not jogging with it, so it would work for what you need and isn't giant and unwieldy for the mall. Amazon has some for $245 [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Baby-Jogger-Single-Stroller-Shadow/dp/B006QH45BG"]Amazon.com: Baby Jogger City Mini GT Single Stroller, Shadow/Green: Baby[/ame] but other US folks would know if there is better pricing elsewhere.

YinzerMama

I'm a jeans and tennis shoe kind of girl who either shoves stuff in her pockets or does without. My old bob suits me. I feel like Bugaboo is more for a Coach purse kind of girl.

The B-ready is really kind of fancy for me LOL. I like it but I don't like how crammed in the seat my kid looks. I know he will get annoyed with it quickly.

Not sure if bugaboo seats allow any better for twisting turning fidgeting kids?

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
Well I disagree that you need to buy Coach to have a Bugaboo. I hate Coach stuff and I own a Bee. ;) LOL I think jeans and t-shirts looks awesome with Bugs! But that's fine that they aren't your style; the price is more than you want to spend now anyway.

Take a look at that Snap 4 with air tires then that I cross posted with you. It looks classy, yet it's simple and looks great with casual clothing. Also lightweight and easy to get out of car and into mall. Small so not obnoxious at the mall. And also the seat sits nice and upright.

Last edited:

jordansmom

Our Valco's all can be set in a very upright position. You can almost over tighten the recline strap to make it more upright than it was probably designed to go. The seats are much more supportive than the sling style seat you probably have on your BOB if it is older.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
My beloved Easywalker Qtro would almost be in your price range if you buy from Bed Bath & Beyond with one of the 20% off coupons they are forever sending out (have to go in to the store and have them order it for you to use it.) It really sounds like pretty much anything without a sling seat or a super-reclined seat is going to work for you. Valco is also a great choice if you prefer a 3 wheeled stroller.

kaharris83

I love my Versa GT. I also had a City Mini GT, but like that the Versa seat is reversible. Amazon had them around $200 recently. The GT wheels are a separate purchase and about $70 I think.

YinzerMama

How does a bigger kid fit in the versa? Maybe that is something that would do for me. I would love to be able to switch the direction of the kid but at going on 3 I think being able to climb in/out on his own is nice, too, and the b-ready is not easy for that.

kaharris83

My 3.5yo fits great. He refused to ride in a stroller at all around 2-2.5. I got the Versa and put him parent facing and he started begging to ride. He's about 40" now and has plenty of room.

YinzerMama

My 3.5yo fits great. He refused to ride in a stroller at all around 2-2.5. I got the Versa and put him parent facing and he started begging to ride. He's about 40" now and has plenty of room.

I am liking what I am hearing. :) I think it's worth a try.

Tangent but how is said 3.5yo liking rf in the nextfit? Selling a radian to fund this stroller and hoping I don't regret it. Loving the nextfit at 2 going on 3 but wondering how it will be in 6-12 months.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC