Question BJCMD City double vs B agile double

eva_luvs_dave

Which would you get and why? Have you used/owned either/both? I just sold my City Elite and am looking to replace it with a double. I found a BJCMD for around $299 but I don't know if I should go with a GT instead or look at something else? I do plan to use it outdoors but I don't necessarily need a big jogger. I do want something that will go over alot though, just in case. However, I don't want too bulky/heavy/wide.

Also, do you know of any good deals on any of those strollers?

Would you go with an in line double or side by side double and why? Again, if you've had both, input is appreciated.

Also, I went with a keyfit 30 for my carseat....if that helps :D

I want to make sure I get something I love. I should go to BRU to try strollers out but I'm really leaning toward a Baby jogger.

Thanks in advance...any input is much appreciated!

ADS

YinzerMama

I have had inline and I have had side by side and generally speaking I prefer side by side. How far apart in age are the kids in question?

seb3244

I would love to know too. I am looking at these 2 strollers and the city select (in line) double stroller because it pushes like a dream!

Mercuria

If you want something that will go over a lot, I'd go with the GT double. The CM has small wheels all around, and the B-Agile has bigger wheels in the back, but tiny wheels in the front. Plus, the GT double has the forever air tires that are foam filled rubber, which is more suitable for off-roading.

Rosey

I'd get the gt if it's in the budget. Otherwise, I'd get whichever of the two look a likes that I could get the best deal on. I'm not a huge fan of the city select.

kaharris83

The GT double is on sale several places right now for about $385. It is the 2013 model. They are changing their logo and clearing out the old stock. There are a few minor changes between 2013 and 2014 too maybe but I'm not 100% sure what they are. I have a 2013 and LOVE it.

The B-Agile double has very short seat backs so with a 3 year old I'd choose a Baby Jogger over the Britax.

eva_luvs_dave

The GT double is on sale several places right now for about $385. It is the 2013 model. They are changing their logo and clearing out the old stock. There are a few minor changes between 2013 and 2014 too maybe but I'm not 100% sure what they are. I have a 2013 and LOVE it.

The B-Agile double has very short seat backs so with a 3 year old I'd choose a Baby Jogger over the Britax.

Thanks! Def going with the baby jogger! I found one for $384.99 & I got a $10 off coupon for subscribing :) Ordering it this week! I'm going with the black/grey/orange.

vratiana

I own a B-Agile Double and the BJ City Select. I love the B-Agile double and use it everyday with my very tall 4 year old and 2 year old. I liked the city select when my little one with a baby but I got extremely frustrated with the steering with 2 heavy kids in it and the limited seating configurations especially when they both needed to recline. I also wanted something I could quickly pop out of the trunk and put my kids in, without having to put together. I bought the B-agile double over the BJCMD because of the adjustable handlebar. The BJCMD wouldn't lay in the back of my Toyota matrix because it was less than an inch too long. The adjustable handlebar on the b-agile can be slid up, making it several inches shorter than the CMD. At first I was concerned about the seatback height of the b-agile but it has just as much headroom (seat to sunshade) as the CMD, just not quite as high of a back. My 4 year old, who is the height of an average 6 year old, sits and sleeps in it just fine (tight but fine). I also just love the adjustable handlebar. It makes the stroller so much easier to maneuver in tight spaces. I can pop the handlebar up in 1/2 a second and squeeze into a crowded elevator or open a door myself and swing the stroller in with one hand. It really makes a big difference over the standard BJCMD in my opinion. The BJCMD GT also has an adjustable handlebar but it was too big to fit in my trunk laying down so didn't work for me. I was also very tempted by the valco Snap Dual, because it is so light and user friendly, but again it was a bit too long for my trunk, and no adjustable handlebar. All of them could have technically fit by removing wheels or laying up and down but I love that the b-agile lays flat and I don't have to disassemble every time. Don't think you can go wrong with any of them though.

eva_luvs_dave

I own a B-Agile Double and the BJ City Select. I love the B-Agile double and use it everyday with my very tall 4 year old and 2 year old. I liked the city select when my little one with a baby but I got extremely frustrated with the steering with 2 heavy kids in it and the limited seating configurations especially when they both needed to recline. I also wanted something I could quickly pop out of the trunk and put my kids in, without having to put together. I bought the B-agile double over the BJCMD because of the adjustable handlebar. The BJCMD wouldn't lay in the back of my Toyota matrix because it was less than an inch too long. The adjustable handlebar on the b-agile can be slid up, making it several inches shorter than the CMD. At first I was concerned about the seatback height of the b-agile but it has just as much headroom (seat to sunshade) as the CMD, just not quite as high of a back. My 4 year old, who is the height of an average 6 year old, sits and sleeps in it just fine (tight but fine). I also just love the adjustable handlebar. It makes the stroller so much easier to maneuver in tight spaces. I can pop the handlebar up in 1/2 a second and squeeze into a crowded elevator or open a door myself and swing the stroller in with one hand. It really makes a big difference over the standard BJCMD in my opinion. The BJCMD GT also has an adjustable handlebar but it was too big to fit in my trunk laying down so didn't work for me. I was also very tempted by the valco Snap Dual, because it is so light and user friendly, but again it was a bit too long for my trunk, and no adjustable handlebar. All of them could have technically fit by removing wheels or laying up and down but I love that the b-agile lays flat and I don't have to disassemble every time. Don't think you can go wrong with any of them though.

NannyMom

What's the difference between GT and BJCMD? Are the non gt being clearances out too??

kaharris83

What's the difference between GT and BJCMD? Are the non gt being clearances out too??

The GT has foam filled tires that handle different terrain better than the regular BJCMD. I'm not sure if there are good sales on the regular model. The GT model also has higher seat backs.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC