Incognito in Odyssey (pic heavy)

thepote

We got the dark gray Incognito today for DS2. He's 10, about 40-50th percentile, 68lbs, 54", size 8 pants, size 8-10 shirts. He 5-steps in DH's car (2014 Corolla) because of the short back seat depth and the very recessed female buckle stalks keeping the belt low. He's close to 5-stepping in the 2005 Ody's 3rd row, but not quite yet.

I thought the shape of it was interesting because DH just got a 2014 Corolla that has underseat airbags that blow the front part of the drivers seat up to prevent forward movement, which sort of looks like the shape of the Incognito.

Captains chair, without booster.

Incognito on the captain's chair.

With Incognito:

Backless Monterey, for comparison:

Third row passenger side, without booster:

Third row passenger side, with Incognito:

Side view with Incognito:

Backless Monterey for comparison:

ADS

safeinthecar

Moderator - CPS Technician
Can you do me a favor and take of pic of him using the Incognito (we really need a shorthand for that, INCOG? NCGTO? camo?) without the belt clips in place. Just for curiosity's sake.

MotoMommaNH

Wow - that really does improve the lap belt fit immensely (from no booster to INC)

is that a good abbreviation?? :p

thepote

Hey, I like INC!

If it would help anyone I also have a 7yo who is 57lbs, 49", size 7 pants and 6-8 shirts. So not quite there weight-wise but close.

Let me know and I'm sure he'd love to do a photo shoot :p

SafeDad

CPSDarren - Admin
Staff member
Thanks for the photos!

Sorry to hijack the INC thread, but here's a short commercial break;-)

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Safety-1st-Incognito-Positioning-Black/dp/B00FLXBHIU/"]Amazon.com: Safety 1st Incognito Kid Positioning Seat, Black: Baby[/ame]

thepote

Totally random, I have the exact same table runner :D Anyway, thanks for the pics. :)

That's funny. I love the colors in it and I've been looking for another inexpensive runner that I like just to change things up sometimes and can't find anything I like just as much :)

HappyHoo

Thanks for the pics! My DD has the same stats pretty much and I just got her the Incognito this week. Haven't tried it yet b/c contrary to the whole purpose of it blending in, she wanted to know why she couldn't get it in pink or purple :p (She's just about to turn 8 though - she may appreciate it more a year from now)

I feel like in DH's Ford Freestyle the shoulder positioning of the seatbelt when using her current Big Kid Sport in lbb mode is getting too close to the edge of her shoulder so hoping the Incognito helps that - and looking at your pics it should :)

henrietta

Thanks!!! I ordered one the other day for me to play with first--my ds is too lightweight yet for it, but I want to see if it makes the 3 across in my car a lot easier...and then I'm going to give it to my nephew, b/c he'll really like it. He has an older sister and thinks he doesn't need a booster, but he's only 8 (and he's a good size kiddo at 65 lbs and 4 ft 4 inches).

jsta1005

Can you do me a favor and take of pic of him using the Incognito (we really need a shorthand for that, INCOG? NCGTO? camo?) without the belt clips in place. Just for curiosity's sake.

I'll admit I know nothing about the incognito. Can you use the seat without the clips?

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC