I want to buy something.

Lemonade

First of all, there is no point to this post. It's ramblings and I'm avoiding folding laundry.

It's been well over a year since I've bought a car seat or booster.

I just sold my beloved Joovy Caboose Ultralight. And the NIB Vivo that never worked with the belt geometry in DH's car.

I need a fix.

This is what I currently own:
2 FR80
2 Montereys
3 SGLs (not the brand new ones)
1 Santa Fe
2 Complete Air 65s

My car: DD in SGL, DS in Mont, extra SF for DS if I have an extra kid that needs his booster.

DH's car: FR80 for DS, CA65 for DD (03 Forester, hard to buckle boosters)

MIL's car: CA65 for DD, SGL for DS or DN
FIL's car: SGL for DS or DN

Sitting in garage: FR80, Mont

DD is 41# and 43", DS is 44-45# and 48". I think they both actually fit in all the seats I own.

I will only buy latchable boosters. How long until the cambria comes out in the US? The latchable recaro looks fun too. New SGL? Do I need one? NO. Would DH give me a big ol' eye roll? Yes. Well, if DH ever decides what he wants, the kids can ride in boosters in his car when he replaces it. I would feel better about having DD in an SGL for highway driving for now. I make her use the crotch strap only for that. So maybe I get 2 newer SGLs for her for each of our cars? DS likes the Monterey so that currently extra one will go in DH's new car someday.

At some point I will sell at least one of the CA65s and put the SGL currently in my car into MIL's car incase she has both my kids at once. I probably should sell the other CA65 too but I think what if I needed to transport a littler kid? I can't sell my FR80s. They were my kids primary seats for so long and they are worth so little that it doesn't matter.

Are there any great boosters I should look at and drool over????

Id better go fold the laundry.

ADS

aeormsby

I really like our Performance booster, but it's not a small seat. Latchable, nice SIP, 2 cup holders.

I'm sad I'm getting to the end of carseat buying too. Both kids are now in boosters and I don't see buying much in the future other than a Bubble Bum and maybe a couple more NBB when they get even bigger since only one of the 4 HBB we're using convert.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC