Opinions on 2005 Mazda MPV?

staryla

There is a 2005 Mazda MPV for sale for less than KBB value with 99,000 miles on it down the street from me. With our tax return we could actually afford this in cash. Should I try to talk my husband into this or go with our previous plan which puts off a minivan purchase for about a year at which point we'll hope to find a 2006+Sedona or older model Sienna-but will probably be lucky to get one with < 125,000 miles.

I've never considered a Mazda before, but driving past it EVERY DAY is testing my resolve. Especially with less than 100k miles!

We have 3 kiddos (5, 2.5, 5 months) and any minivan will replace a 3-across in a 2005 Honda CRV. (I've also never owned anything other than Toyota or Honda and am a little skeered of the prospect:eek:)

TIA.

ADS

CTPDMom

Ambassador - CPS Technician
I just traded in my 2006 Mazda MPV. It had 92k miles. LOVED that van! It gave me very little trouble over the years I had it. :)

amelia222

I've had my 2002 MPV since last June and I love it! The only thing that's not perfect about it is most seats don't fit RF in the 3rd row.

staryla

Can you get any to fit RF in the third row? Its kinda sucky that there's only one top tether in the third row and that there is no middle head-rest...for the price and the miles though it's not a deterrant.

Cryssy Jane

I fit a ton of stuff rf in the third row of the 2006 mpv before I got the Sienna. I'm not at my computer but I can post pictures later this week.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC