Older Britax Marathon

BudgieStew

Did it come with a sort of head pillow and no cover over the front strap adjuster?And assuming it is an older Marathon would it fit the new models?

ADS

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
No...the only extras they've ever come with are the harness strap covers, and they all have that. Oh, and the belly pad...

Um...is it the angle of that picture? Your seat a looks bit too far reclined...

Last edited:

BudgieStew

Then what is this?
a8cd_20.jpg

Might be might not be..I tend to take oddly angled pictures of our seats. What ever the case its being uninstalled as soon as DH is home long enough to see why my seat is loose within the base.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
I think that's a Freeway (ooooold Britax...wow, love the harness strap colors, and I think that's the Celestial pattern)...it was like a Roundabout but FF only. Also check out the alternative strap routing through the buckle tongues... very Euro-hip... :D

MomToEliEm

Something isn't right with that picture.

First, it doesn't have the "Britax Warning Label" that is in the middle of the seat (I think the one that says do not place in front of an airbag for rearfacing).

Second, it has a dark blue shell. I thought all the marathons had the white shell. The roundabouts did have a dark blue shell very early on, but that was only up to 2001.

I don't recall the marthon having a pillow on the seat. I really suspect that is not a marthon, but a roundabout (an old one) with a homemade cover on it or some other seat.

Can you tell us about the seat? Where did you find it? What stickers does it have on it?

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
And after asking another seasoned Britax fanatic... She also noticed no chest clip... so it really may be the Euro Freeway. And she noted that an FF only seat wouldn't need the airbag warning (which wasn't needed till 1996, anyway)

:)

LuvBug

and there it is
6d70_1.JPG

a777_1_b.JPG

1748_1.JPG

Definitely a UK freeway. how come they have cuter covers than us? lol! go check out ebay.co.uk

BudgieStew

Good grief. I didn't even notice that there was no chest clip.But it being an Euro model would explain why its slightly different looking.

Wonder if its worth buying just the cover and seeing if there is any interest on e-bay? Trying to fund my son's Tripp Trapp.
Although I doubt the seller will go for it, since they are asking 65.00 for a most likely expired seat that is illegal to use here!!!

mimieliza

It's super cute, but I don't know if I'd pay $65 for a totally expired seat on the off chance the cover would sell. Do they still make that seat currently? Could you check out the UK Ebay and see if covers for it sell for at least $65 USD?

BudgieStew

Oh I would never buy the seat..I e-mailed the seller and asked if they would sell just the cover.
It looks like the seller has an assortment of crappy/old yard sale seats up for sale. $75.00 for a Eddie Bauer with a DOM of 2002!!!SnugRides less then 6 months old are going for 80.00 here.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC