Question When did your LO start fitting the old Britax convertibles?

MotoMommaNH

I just grabbed a Britax Diplomat from my sister as her little girl is outgrowing it RF and moving on to a Radian. It's DOM is 6/09 so I was going to try and use it for squishie due in May to get another year out of it. She's a trusted source and I know I will have no worries about the seat as a hand-me-down.

I didn't even look at the measurements before I grabbed it from her because she was going to toss it and I wanted to use it as a spare for Grammy's car. I was taking it apart to clean and noticed the bottom harness slots seem pretty high for such a small seat! Just checked the measurements site and sure enough the bottom slots are 10 inches (way higher than my MA70 @ 8.75) despite it's 5 lb minimum.

So it looks like this is in line with the Marathon 65/Classics, Boulevard 65 and Roundabout 40. When can I expect an above average kiddo (using trends from my 3yo) to fit? I can use the Keyfit baseless in her car for the first couple months if need be, it's just that installations are not her forte so I'm hoping to use this seat asap.

TIA!

ADS

aeormsby

I think between 6-8 months is a general age. It totally depends on torso height, some fit very young, some not until almost a year.

When we bought DD her first Marathon (almost 8 years ago) she fit pretty well at about 4 months (she was probably already in size 6-9 month onesies) and at that time Britax allowed the straps at the bottom slot to be up to 1" above the shoulders. She was probably right at the bottom slots.

Cnidaria

Is the Britax infant insert (the foam wedge that goes under the cover) permitted to be used with this seat?

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Britax-USA-S844900-Infant-Positioning/dp/B00422M5JQ"]Amazon.com: Britax Infant Positioning Insert: Baby[/ame]

jjordan

Pretty sure you can't use the foam for the Diplomat.

My kids generally fit fine when we tried them around 6 months.

AZmamaof2

When my DS was 6 months, I moved him out of the SR 22 and into our Blvd 65. He weighed 16# 13 oz. and was 27" tall. He measured above average for his age.

It was manufactured 2/2009.

thepote

Ds2 fit "just ok" in the MA at five months, then much better from 7m on.

Ds3 fit the blvd well at 6m, but didn't like the head rest so it only lasted 2 weeks with us.

The classic Britaxs are probably the only seats I miss :p

AZmamaof2

Also, my DD started using the Blvd when she was 7 months, as she was smaller than my DS. I don’t have her wt/ht offhand to list though. She still rides RF in that seat.

The stats here on car-seat org have the Blvd 65 listed with 10.25” minimum harnesses.

IMO, you probably could expect to use the seat from about 6 mo to squishie’s first birthday.

Pixels

My oldest did not fit until 13 months. She had been wearing 12 month onesies for two months by then.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC