Question Clek foonf, worth the $$$

lizfar76

I feel more confused and overwhelmed with picking out the "perfect" convertible seat. This one seems to have a lot of what I'm looking for, but the price tag is incredible. I'm also considering diono, Recaro, britax marathon, or nextfit. Ugh this is so hard!!!

ADS

T4K

It's a great seat for certain situations! What are your list of "must-haves" and how old is the child? What car will it be used in?

YinzerMama

Re: Clek foont, worth the $$$

I guess it depends on if you like it and if it works for you. I didn't care for it and my kids said it was uncomfortable. I don't feel like I would have liked it at a lower price point, either.

thepote

Of your list, radian, nextfit or Foonf would be your best bets. The shell of the marathon is shorter so it wouldn't last you as long rf or ff, and the legroom on the Recaro is horrible - one of the least out there.

kaharris83

I've had or have a Foonf, NextFit, and Britax Marathon. I am not all that in love with our Foonf. The Britax seats are my least favorite seats ever and don't last as long as the NextFit or Foonf. I have never seen/used Recaro seats so no opinion there. Our household loves our NextFit and tolerates the Foonf because I'm sure I couldn't sell it for near what I paid even though I got it on a pretty good sale. It is an ok seat, but I feel like it is overpriced.

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
Knowing your child's age, height, weight and shirt size would be helpful in giving you recommendations. As well as knowing what features you're looking for.

Another you may want to add to your list is the Peg Perego Primo Viaggio convertible. And maybe the Graco Size4Me and clones.

lizfar76

My daughter is 11 months, wears 12 month onesies, 19+lbs, & is 28.5 inches long. I drive a Hyundai Sante Fe. Thank you!!

1mommy

What are you looking for in a car seat? In your other thread you posted you wanted a car seat high enough to let your daughter see out the window, are their any other features you really want?

lizfar76

I'm looking for safety, comfort, ability for her to see out the window, at least last until maybe she is 4?

nospam

There are good deals to be had on 2013 Foonfs. It is the tallest and arguably the safest seat out there. If you think the padding might be an issue for you the Nextfit is a great seat, but visibilty is limited in comparison to others. I'm a fan of the Peg Perego convertible. It was our 2nd choice just slightly behind the Foonf.

Kac

Ambassador - CPS Technician
It's really not possible to argue that the Foonf is the "safest" seat. There's just nothing to back that up. It's a really nice seat with really nice features, but we have no way of determining if one seat is the "safest".

:yeahthat:

I personally wouldn't choose a Foonf even if my budget allowed. There are amazing seats out there with good features.

tl01

The foonf is the only seat my younger son hasn't complained in. He loves it and it works for us. We tried the Graco clones, radian, and a few other seats.

Dillipop

I chose a foonf when dd got close to 35 pounds and I had to retire 2 of our seats for rearfacing. Since she was so close to 35 pounds, the 40 pound limit seats didn't make a lot of sense longevity wise and I already have a radian in one of our cars that I find meh. I like the seat fine. It is heavy but gives dd a lot of room. It doesn't have a lot of padding but dd doesn't seem to mind too much. I find that she has a lot of head slump when she falls asleep because of how upright it is. She has tons of leg room though and when she's awake, her head is fine. I could probably get more recline if I wanted to but she doesn't sleep in the car often.

If she had been younger and smaller, I would have snapped up the next fit. It looks super comfy and the 40 pound limit is awesome. I really just couldn't justify only getting 5 pounds over our current seats. But now that she is 3.5, I'm realizing that the next fit would have probably gotten her to at least 4 since she hasn't really changed weight in the last 4-5 months. Especially since we're coming into summer soon with less clothing, lol!

YinzerMama

I don't think the nextfit causes any visibility issues for my son, he came at it from a classic marathon which is tall with pretty open sides, and he doesn't seem to mind. It's his favorite seat. I think it's pretty close to my perfect seat since they addressed the awful shoulder pads. :)

Last edited:

Carrie_R

Ambassador - CPS Technician
Agreed. Nanny kiddo (almost 4) went from a Radian to NextFit & still talks about various stuff he sees out the windows, so I don't think there is a visibility issue. If it was something that upset him, believe me, he'd let me know!! Lol!

nospam

There are good deals to be had on 2013 Foonfs. It is the tallest and arguably the safest seat out there. If you think the padding might be an issue for you the Nextfit is a great seat, but visibilty is limited in comparison to others. I'm a fan of the Peg Perego convertible. It was our 2nd choice just slightly behind the Foonf.
We looked at the Nextfit in BRU again and I was mistaken regarding visibility. The shell shape is misleading. Visibility seems to be the same as with any other seat.

YinzerMama

We looked at the Nextfit in BRU again and I was mistaken regarding visibility. The shell shape is misleading. Visibility seems to be the same as with any other seat.

Yeah it looks REALLY weird from the outside. It's definitely among the deeper seats but no where near as deep as it looks from the side. There's just a lot going on behind the scenes so to speak between the harness adjuster and all the recline positions, and they made all a design that kept all those inner workings concealed, so you have this weird egg-shaped final product.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC