What is your 4 year old riding in?

djma

We will be getting our refund soon and I will be getting DD a new seat. Of course, I always know what I want when I have no money, and now that I know I can pick something........I'm lost. LOL

So what is *your* 4 year old riding in?

DD is 4.5, 31 pounds (fully clothed with shoes), and around 39".

She is FF for the most part, but I am not dead set on a FF only seat.

We already own a FR80, ProRide, and SureRide.

I know I don't want a foonf. ;)

ADS

Meg

Luca is 4, 37in, 30lbs. and he has a FR 90 in my car and a FR 80 in his dad's car.

NVMBR02

Annika is 4.5, 39 inches, 29lbs and in a FR90 most of the time. We also have a Radian RXT and Blvd70 that she uses from time to time.

Keeyamah

Quinn is 4.5, 48lbs and 46" and in a FR85 and a Sureride. And we will start booster training come March/April time frame for riding with grandparents (one set of whom like to forget the crotch buckle :/)

gsdguenter

My 4 year old (5 in May) was just switched ff a few weeks ago. She rides in a nauti, Foonf, maestro, and radian.

Kegracin

My 4 yr old 43in 52 lbs has a FR90/FR85. The 5 yr old has fr85/fr85sict he's the same height 10lb lighter then the 4yr old. (I'm supper boring and love my frontiers).

kdkm

My 4y6m old (niece), who is 40 inches and 33 pounds, rides in a Pinnacle 90 as her main seat and a Maestro as a spare.

canadiangie

Hmmm, I don't have a 4yo right now, but will come October, and she will be riding in a Peg Perego Convertible. She's rf now and will stay that way until she is 4+, and then go ff in it. :)

love-pink

DD2 is just a smudge heavier than your DD :D

We have a GNSS in my car, a Maestro in DHs truck and a SureRide as a back up.

I GIANT sparkly heart the GNSS!! No head slump for us! I like the Maestro because it's super light and nicely padded... The SureRide for the same reason... BUT they are extras because I loathe the twisty straps.

I've had just about every seat in the book for DD2 and always go back to the GN (and it's clones). I've been debating selling both the Evenflos and buying the super cute new GN Walmart just put out a couple weeks ago for DHs truck.

http://www.gracobaby.com/products/pages/nautilus-3-in-1-car-seat-bethany.aspx

momtoo3

Ds3 is five but in the same seats as when he was 4. He is now about 39 pounds and 43 inches. Around his fourth birthday he was 35 pounds and 40 inches. He rides in a Prosport in dh's truck and switches between a FR85 and a kiddy cruiserfix pro in my van....more in the kiddy booster since turning 5. My favorite of the 3 is the Prosport by far. It makes a great booster too. He is still using it harnessed through the winter but we have tried it as a booster. The only down side to it is no cup holders. He does not fit as well in the FR85 as a booster but has tons of room in the harness.

amelia222

Alice is 4 (5 in May), 37lbs, 42" and rides FF in a Nautilus, Frontier XT, Truefit, or RF in a Radian. The seats get switched around regularly to whatever she/I feel like using and who I have for daycare kids. Right now she's in the Nautilus with the old old buckle. I love that I can easily undo it from the front seat since it's the push-down one.

JOII

My girl is almost 4.5 and rides FF in a Radiant 80 and My Ride cause they are the only seats that fit in our three acrosses :p
ETA: She is 36lbs and 39"

Last edited:

tiggercat

Sam rides in a Frontier CT and occasionally a Sureride. He prefers the Sureride, I find the chest clip seriously annoying to unbuckle. He is somewhere around 43lb/43in, long in the body, so nothing else seemed worth it or likely to get him to booster age.
ETA, he is in an RXT with his father and a Frontier XT with grandparents.

Carrie_R

Ambassador - CPS Technician
Nanny kid G will be 4 in the imminent future, 33lb & 38in, and at the moment he is RF in a NextFit. Sometime before school starts back up in the fall (and I suspect sooner rather than later) he will be going FF in a ProSport. I am definitely a RF in convertibles, FF in combo seats kinda girl lol.

jess71903

Ambassador
Evie is 4, 35lbs or so, and is in a ProSport most of the time, and a Nautilus in my mom's car (when Gage gets a new booster she'll get it back!). I <3 my ProSport, so I would go Performance Sport if I were you.

Mags462

M is 4 and roughly 35lbs fully clothed.... these days he is riding in the Nauti in my van and a FF TF in DH truck.... the Nextfit got demoted during the winter ;) But it may come out to play again if i rearrange the seating again :D

geekKT

Good timing for this! Mine is two months from 4 and still RF in his RXT. I'm leaning toward a new Frontier for him this spring but could just flip the RXT too. (But what fun is that?)

I'll be following and keeping an eye on Canadian options.

bnsnyde

He is in a Radian XTSL FF. He'll outgrow it quickly though.
I'd get a Frontier 90. Our 7 YO has that and the 4 YO will get it at some point.

Aurezalia

Small 4yo, ~33lbs & 38", just switched from a FR90 to an XTSL. She demanded a flower seat so I obliged :p and honestly, she's comfier. She was swimming in the FR90. She has about an inch to grow in the second to top slots, so she'll fit for ages.

Lemonade

When DS was 4, FR80s in both cars. When DD was 4, FR80 in my car, Complete Air 65 in DH's car. Actually both kids still ride in the seats in DH's car that they rode in when they were 4, even though they are 5.5 and 8 now. LOL...but his car is so narrow that it's easier to harness then buckle a seatbelt. My car they are in boosters - DD is still sort of in training where I don't trust her to booster with anyone but me:)

Huge Frontier fan though. I've had my 80s since DD needed the convertible. So many seats have come and gone but those have stayed!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC