Question Convertible for Lexus rx450h

A

annijen

Hi there. My 7 month old daughter is growing out of her maxi cosi mico infant seat and I'm ready to get a convertible, but am completely overwhelmed by the options.

I have a 2011 Lexus rx450h (same as rx350) and would prefer something that can be installed in the centre, though would do rear passenger if necessary. (there's no latch in centre, and there's kind of a bit of a narrow seat hump so we've been using rear passenger for the infant seat)

My main criteria are that it is easy to install (I'm petite and not very strong or very handy) and that it is very very easy to use. I'd like no rethread harness for that reason. Price is not an issue. Oh, DH wants a cup holder, but I don't see that as super important! Something comfortable that allows her to see well would also be nice, as she's not a fan of the car.

My daughter has ranged from 50-75% percentile for height and weight. She's around 18lb now.

I should also mention I live in Canada. I probably will have to order the seat online as I live far from any stores that sell car seats. This means i can't really try them out first.

I really like the Peg Perego convertible as it looks really easy to use, but I don't know if it is suitable for us. Thanks so much!

ADS

Pixelated

Moderator - CPST Instructor
Hi, and welcome to car-seat.org!

Do you have an idea of how long you'd like to rear-face for?

Would you say your daughter is leggy as well, versus being longer in the torso? That matters for how long a seat might last.

Given your criteria I'm thinking that the Peg might be your #1 to consider, however I'm not familiar with your vehicle. Others will be by soon who are, I'm quite sure. In the mean time here are some other recommended Canadian seats, but other than the cup holder (sorry!) I think the Peg meets all of your criteria. http://www.car-seat.org/showpost.php?p=2609934&postcount=2

canadiangie

Peg would be my top pick based on your criteria.

You just need to go try a floor model in your vehicle and make sure you can install it. It sounds like you have a Mico successfully installed centre via seatbelt, and that's not always an easy task - I bet you find the Peg quite easy to work with .. but it's best to try before you buy. :)

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
My friend drove an RX350 and I went with her to try the Peg before she bought it. She did use it outboard though as that's what was easiest for her with getting her child in and out. Worked great. Not sure if she ever used it centre.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC