Posted by Karansingh74: 2014 BMW X5 infant seat middle position (merged thread)

U

Unregistered

I am trying to install a Maxi Cosi AP in my 2014 BMW X5 in the center position. I want to know if this can be done using LATCH? I dont see any anchors for the middle. Can I use the inner anchors from both the side pairs or must I use the seat belt. In either case, I'd appreciate detailed instructions and what to look out for. Any links to a video would be appreciated.

Thank you!

ADS

karansingh74

2014 BMW X5 infant seat middle position

I am trying to install a Maxi Cosi AP in my 2014 BMW X5 in the center position. I want to know if this can be done using LATCH? I dont see any anchors for the middle. Can I use the inner anchors from both the side pairs or must I use the seat belt. In either case, I'd appreciate detailed instructions and what to look out for. Any links to a video would be appreciated.

Thank you!

U

Unregistered

Re: 2014 BMW X5 infant seat middle position

I do not know if you have a 2 or 3-row BMW X5 but this vehicle was redesigned for MY14. You must install the car seat with the seat belt in the center seating position. The Owner's Manual for MY14 states: "Only transport children younger than 13 years of age or shorter than 5 ft/150 cm in the rear in child restraint fixing systems provided in accordance with the age, weight and size of the child; otherwise, there is an increased risk of injury in an accident." Fortunately you bought the MY14 vehicle as previous model years did not allow any children under 13 or 5' tall in the third row. I would recommend working one-on-one with a certified CPS Technician to learn the best place to install your seat, how to install your car seat properly, why you should keep them rear-facing as long as possible, and much more. Find a CPS Technician in your area by going to www.cert.safekids.org.

An Aurora

Senior Community Member
Re: 2014 BMW X5 infant seat middle position

BMW does not allow the use of center LATCH. You would have to install it with the seatbelt if you want to use the center seating position.

DogznKatz

Re: Infant car seat in 2014 BMW X5 center seat

Hi, The X5 doesn't have Lower Anchors in the center seating position and BMW does not allow borrowing. You can use the seat belt. Pull the shoulder belt all the way out to lock the retractor. Refer the the Maxi Cosi instructions as well.

I searched for a video, but was unable to come up with one. I expect another member will as there are some that are really good at that!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC