Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Quick Help w/City Mini

We leave for Disney sunday. Should I get the belly bar or tray? I'm hoping to just throw Reese in without having to buckle her {not best practice, I know}. Does it fold better/easier/smaller with one than the other? Anyone have pics? I'll need to order from Amazon asap.
    Rayleigh - 9/07 - Frontier 85

Reese - 7/12 - RF Britax Boulevard

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Re: Quick Help w/City Mini

Looks like the tray is a lot less. How is it??

Carseat Crazy

You don't really need anything. If you just want something sitting their to block your child use the tray. Have fun in Disney.

5. Thank You from:

We have the tray. I always take it off before folding. It takes two seconds to remove. The tray is very high on the stroller so it won't prevent a little kid from escaping or a baby from sliding out.

Quote Originally Posted by Meg View Post
    We have the tray. I always take it off before folding. It takes two seconds to remove. The tray is very high on the stroller so it won't prevent a little kid from escaping or a baby from sliding out.
    Really? I was thinking something she could just kinda hold on to when sitting upright {since the seat doesn't sit straight}.

I don't really need it to keep her from escaping, just from leaning too far forward.

Is the b-agile tray any better? We could take it instead, but I'd be sad if anything happened to it.

Admin - CPS Technician LISmama810's Avatar
    I've never taken the tray off. It folds the same with it or without it. The only difference is that once it's folded, the tray takes up a little more room, but that would only matter in a very tight storage situation or something. It does just fine on Disney buses

9. Thank You from:

Admin - CPS Technician LISmama810's Avatar
    As for using it to keep a child contained...my 28-month-old can easily get out from under it if he wants to, but I doubt he'd slip out accidentally. I buckle him, though.

Re: Not sitting up straight. I put a couple pieces of thick cardboard taped together in the back of the seat (I have a Micro, I believe the mini also has a pocket for this). It definitely helps them sit more upright. You can buy a specific board that BJ sells to do the same thing, or I've read people have used small plastic cutting boards. But cardboard was the cheapest hack so I went with that.