Anything as easy as the Triumph?

AuntieKatie

I'm looking to get a combo seat for my nephew to replace/be a backup for his Triumph. I love how easy it is to install and make sure he is strapped in correctly. My brother is completely car seat incompetent (and has no interest in changing this about himself), so it really needs to be idiot-proof.
The reason to get a new one is that they are starting to think his current seat is too bulky. He's 2y3m, 35+pounds, tall, and FF. He only has the one seat and it's moved a lot and does get heavy and cumbersome...my SIL made a comment about "just putting him in a booster soon." EEK! NOPE! Lol
I would like something that will transition to a good booster when the time comes, but I don't mind buying him a dedicated booster (much!) down the road either.
Is the maestro almost as easy as the Triumph to install? I would also ideally love something with the same no-re thread harness (super easy, ya know?) but I want it to be lightweight too...preferably lighter than the triumph. I think I could drill it into their heads to keep the straps above his shoulders...

Throw some suggestions at me please!

Budget-wise, I'd like to keep it under $150, but would spend more for the perfect seat :)

ADS

MommyShannon

Does the Triumph have the ratcheting LATCH? The SecureKid 400 has that too I think. The Maestro is pretty easy too but you have to loosen/ tighten to install.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Triumph just has a sliding harness, and push-on LATCH connectors, not the nifty self-retracting LATCH that the Symphony or Secure Kid DLX/400 has. :)

The Argos would be a decent replacement, because of the no-rethread harness. Or the Secure Kid DLX would be a decent replacement because it has push-on-self-tightening LATCH. If this is a second seat, will it be moved as often? Which is going to be the greatest challenge: Keeping the harness at the right height, or installing it tightly enough? Evenflo Symphony DLX has the power to do both, but is probably above your budget. The Argos is probably the best bet, since it'll be installed and just needs the harness raised as the kiddo grows.

1mommy

As far as I know FFing as long as the harness height is above his shoulders it can be more then the first slot above his shoulders (as long as the harness is tight) so maybe you can set it at not the one directly above his shoulders, but the next higher one, giving him more time to grow before you need to check the harness height again, and just check on him once a year or so.

AuntieKatie

As far as I know FFing as long as the harness height is above his shoulders it can be more then the first slot above his shoulders (as long as the harness is tight) so maybe you can set it at not the one directly above his shoulders, but the next higher one, giving him more time to grow before you need to check the harness height again, and just check on him once a year or so.

That's a really good point :)

AuntieKatie

Triumph just has a sliding harness, and push-on LATCH connectors, not the nifty self-retracting LATCH that the Symphony or Secure Kid DLX/400 has. :) The Argos would be a decent replacement, because of the no-rethread harness. Or the Secure Kid DLX would be a decent replacement because it has push-on-self-tightening LATCH. If this is a second seat, will it be moved as often? Which is going to be the greatest challenge: Keeping the harness at the right height, or installing it tightly enough? Evenflo Symphony DLX has the power to do both, but is probably above your budget. The Argos is probably the best bet, since it'll be installed and just needs the harness raised as the kiddo grows.

I should have mentioned that the latch doesn't make a difference, both of their vehicles are pre-2002. The triumph is just nice because the butt part of the cover opens up so you can reach into the belt path through the front to guide the belt instead of reaching all the way through...makes it easier to tighten too.

I think they're okay with the right amount of tightness, my biggest concern is them not letting the harness get below his shoulders.

I like the Argos but it's heavy too...but if they keep using both they won't be moving it anymore...hmm. I might just go play with one and a maestro and the evenflo one and see which one I like better lol :)

Thanks everyone for your suggestions :D

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC