Boosters...my head is spinning!

momtomy3boys

Currently my 6 (almost 7) year old is in a Frontier85. My 4 year old's Marathon is going to expire soon so we're going to move my 6 year old to a booster and the 4 year old to the Frontier. Our 6 year old is mature enough to sit properly in his seat so I'm not worried about the transition. However my head is spinning trying to decide what to get. We've always had Britax seats so that was my natural inclination but I don't know if that's necessarily the best choice.
He is a small 6, 41 lbs and 43 in. We will have a Frontier 85 and a SF Air 35 also for his brothers. We have a Chevy Traverse and he is generally in the 3rd row but occasionally when we need the extra cargo space or the dogs are with us all 3 boys ride 3 across in the middle row of the Traverse.
TIA!

ADS

MommyShannon

I don't know for sure if it will fit 3 across but it has a better chance than some others. It's a nice seat. We have the previous model and DD likes it. He's small enough that you don't need the height of it though. I've heard good things about the Turbo booster with safety surround too.

MyTwoSons

Here's a link to a thread I started the other day comparing the Parkway and the Performance Booster. It has links to pics of my son in both (he's 6 and has very similar stats as your DS), as well as my perceived pros and cons if that would help. http://www.car-seat.org/showthread.php?t=263211

The pics were in a captains chair of a Ford Flex. I'm not sure how wide the 2nd row of a Traverse is, but the Performance Booster is pretty wide so it might not work for the times you wanted 3 across.

Last edited:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC