Evenflo Symphony Ad showing poor chest clip placement?

kellihope

I have been seeing this ad all over my computer for the last couple of days. Am I the only one who thinks the chest clip is way too high? And the jacket looks a little bulky under there too. I just feel it's irresponsible of a car seat manufacturer to put out promotion material showing improper use of a car seat!
safe_image_zpsa93b377c.jpg

ADS

cookie123

I'd agree the chest clip is a bit high. The jacket is just a jean jacket, and is open with the straps inside of it sort of so not too bad really.

Yeah the chest clip is a bit too high, but at least it's not on her belly button. I'm not worried about the jean jacket at all. They've got the straps nice and tight and the jacket is pulled away so the harness is laying directly on her chest too.

MommyShannon

I've seen that a lot too. It might be a touch high but I'm surprised a lot at how the chest clip looks in pictures vs in person on my kids. I didn't like when I followed the links before and it shows the young child forward facing (probably 2 so not horrible) and the ease of install that didn't include the top tether. The Britax Click Tight ads don't mention the top tether either.

YinzerMama

I bet it was in the right place when the photoshoot started and she squirmed and wiggled down as things progressed.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Maybe the exaggerated placement will help people get the message...?
I don't think it looks bad, after all, it's just going to break or slide down in a crash, kids don't choke on chest clips, that I've ever heard (ie, zero danger from it being too high...not even any danger from it being too low, all it's doing is keeping the straps on the shoulders, and not even that, since the straps are tight enough, lol).
Good blog on it... http://carseatblog.com/24861/all-about-chest-clips-function-purpose-proper-positioning/

jeminijad

I have zero concerns about the jean jacket. It is difficult enough not being able to use heavy winter coats - if people were told that they can't use even light jackets, they will roll their eyes and do what they want (I certainly would.)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC